• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
We've been experiencing some problems with the server for the past hour or so. We don't know specifically what caused it.

Our hosts got onto the problem right away and the problem appears to be resolved now, as far as I can determine.

We pay money to our hosts to manage and rectify any issues with the server; the forum staff have no control over these. Therefore there is little use in contacting us, these problems get fixed with no involvement from us.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NY Yankee

When I saw the words "account suspended", I was scared sh*t. I thought I was banned. Thank God it was just a server problem.

Established Member
Yorkie I cant help but think you jinxed it when you told me it was all fixed and then it died again:lol: <D :roll:

Mvann

When I saw the words "account suspended", I was scared sh*t. I thought I was banned. Thank God it was just a server problem.

It's just happened to me as well, but only when I tried going to the front page. I back paged and then picked a new post, everything worked fine.

anthony263

Established Member
It seems to be working fine for me now on internet explorer which I am using now on my pc . But still acts up when I use Google Crome on my laptop

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
As has happened before, I just waited to see how matters went on...and lo and behold, everything was fine..:D

Now back on Google Chrome...after the resolution of the Google homepage appearing in Russian last week.

Last edited:

RPM

Established Member
Appreciated the info on Facebook. Thanks for the excellent communication. Glad to see everything up and running again.

sonic2009

Established Member
It's good to see that admin respond & liase with the hosts, to resolve issues quickly.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Are we running low on our host's bandwidth allowances again? Surely not, but . . .

Today is not the first time recently, when I've received this message from the host's server, through VBulletin's error messages, of:
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

I've only received this response during the busy period of 20:00 - 23:00hrs.

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
Today is not the first time recently, when I've received this message from the host's server, through VBulletin's error messages, of:

I've been getting many occurrences of that tonight as well. It makes a changes from the "404's" that I usually suffer from. :D

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

I've only received this response during the busy period of 20:00 - 23:00hrs.

I returned home at 2200 tonight and I too received this same type of message, but at 2225 matters seemed to revert back to normal.

Crossover

Established Member
I have just had the message too. My thought is the staff or hosts have set something up within vBulletin temporarily, so that when there are a given number of connections onto the server, it prevents any more - therefore it prevents it getting to a stage where the database completely falls over for some time. A preventative measure, more than likely

Clip

Established Member
Could well be - Just noted that there are 350 users on right now and there may be some issues with that - especially if any uploading is going on.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
We are aware of the problem. Crossover is pretty much spot on, the 'fix' will hopefully only be temporary.

David

Established Member
Could it be that system resource useage is getting too high on the server that Railforums is located on?

That's the downside to vBulletin, especially when there are a lot of people viewing the forum at once.

bolli

I would hedge my bet on Apaches Max_Clients setting. When my sites occasionally hit this, it kills apache completely (by design).

Yew

Established Member
I also experienced problems last night, both when trying to post, and when clicking 'new threads'

Status
Not open for further replies.