• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recommendations: good place for breakfast in Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanburyBlue

Hi all,

I’m staying in Leeds for a couple a days. I’m staying and working close to the railway station.

Any recommendations for a proper, reasonably priced, English breakfast? I’m on foot, so needs to be central.

Ta.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I find the Premier Inn about five minutes away in Whitehall road is the best bet at the moment.

Crossover

Established Member
The Black Prince across the road from the station is recommended - Wetherspoons-esque, but not that chain :)

yorksrob

Veteran Member
The Black Prince across the road from the station is recommended - Wetherspoons-esque, but not that chain :)

They used to do a really good sizzling breakfast, but discontinued it a few years ago unfortunately :(

Gemz91

Never had a bad one here every time we are in Leeds

Riveresque Leeds
15 Bridge End, Leeds LS1 7HG
0113 490 0431
https://maps.app.goo.gl/efCPk1e6NEYgwsWE9

Can get very busy

Was just going to suggest the same place.

Decent breakfasts in Leeds I find are hard to come by now. There used to be a good place opposite what was Spencer's, but I Think its long gone so not much help. There'll no doubt be a few places on the Kirgate Market that will do you a proper greacy spoon type breakfast, but not everyones cup of tea.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Was just going to suggest the same place.

Decent breakfasts in Leeds I find are hard to come by now. There used to be a good place opposite what was Spencer's, but I Think its long gone so not much help. There'll no doubt be a few places on the Kirgate Market that will do you a proper greacy spoon type breakfast, but not everyones cup of tea.

There's still a very decent one within Kirkgate Market (at the station end) although it's a ten minute walk from the station.

You are correct though. Leeds is very disappointing for breakfast these days. The Yates' on Boar Lane used to do a very decent breakfast (not my sort of place for drinking, but fine for a fry-up at 9:00 in the morning), but the chain owners deemed it not la-di-da enough and replaced it with a Slug and Lettuce last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.