• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recovering a booking reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cletus

Established Member
I recently made a booking on SWT's website. I don't have an account with SWT and was able to make a booking anyway.

When I went to the TVM to print off the tickets, the machine said invalid reference. I assume I wrote down the reference incorrectly :oops:

Is it possible to retrieve the correct reference?
(In the meantime I have contacted SWT through the contact us on their website).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Regardless of an account, you should have received an email confirmation which will contain your reference.

Cletus

Established Member
I'm sure I will contact them by telephone if I have to. I was more concerned that the response would be that I'd have no chance of getting the tickets.

I never did receive an email confirmation, I assumed because I'd booked without setting up an account.

najaB

Veteran Member
I never did receive an email confirmation, I assumed because I'd booked without setting up an account.
I just tried to book a ticket using the SWT website and had to enter my email address before it would take payment details.

LordCreed

I'm sure I will contact them by telephone if I have to. I was more concerned that the response would be that I'd have no chance of getting the tickets.

Might be obvious, but tried checking any junk / spam folders?

Cletus

Established Member
I just tried to book a ticket using the SWT website and had to enter my email address before it would take payment details.

As did I, but I never received an email confirmation. (perhaps I put in the wrong email address?)

Have checked spam too.

najaB

Veteran Member
As did I, but I never received an email confirmation. (perhaps I put in the wrong email address?)

Have checked spam too.
Unless there is/was a fault with the web site, I can't see any reason to ask for an email address other than to send an order confirmation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

wibble

Rather stupidly, your collection reference is towards the bottom of your email.

The reference in the subject line of the email, and at the top of the actual email, are just transaction references.

Wookiee

Rather stupidly, your collection reference is towards the bottom of your email.

The reference in the subject line of the email, and at the top of the actual email, are just transaction references.

Yeah, it's crap, quite frankly. I used the new SWT site to book one of their promo tickets yesterday and the resulting confirmation page and email were both very poorly set out.

causton

Established Member
Lots of complaints about that as they look so similar! Who thought that one up...

At a ticket office we can search by your surname/postcode but you would be surprised how many bookings we get where the surname is INCOMPLETE, or CUSTOMER, or FULL SURNAME REQUIRED etc... and the address is blank, so it is hit or miss...

Status
Not open for further replies.