• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Red brick buildings beside the NRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

102 fan

Hi. I'm wondering if anybody can tell me if these red brick buildings beside the NRM entrance on Leeman Rd are railway in origin?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20210615_105601.jpg
    20210615_105601.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 29
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WesternLancer

Established Member
Hi. I'm wondering if anybody can tell me if these red brick buildings beside the NRM entrance on Leeman Rd are railway in origin?

Thanks.
I have a feeling they might be former railway stables for railway horses. Think I read that somewhere.

WesternLancer

Established Member
I couldn't spot any description for these buildings on old OS map but this site ...

... also suggests that they were once railway stables.
Good link. Pretty sure my recollection was from an article in the Friends of the NRM Journal, which I get - but I do not keep them so was only going from memory. Not about sables in detail IIRC, but mentioned in passing about buildings near the NRM with railway connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.