• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

red spotted hanky

Status
Not open for further replies.

katied

Hi - noticed someone else had problems with Red Spotted Hanky double charging for tickets purchased online in a previous thread. I've had problems too.

Bought ticket for travel from London to Glasgow in Feb from them online. Subsequently I changed date of travel to April, for collection at the station. On the day, this wasn't available from the machine. Had to buy another ticket to travel & lost seat reservation. On querying this with RSH I was told that the reference for the Fast ticket machine had expired (!) Furthermore, my credit card statement shows that I was debited for the second ticket but not refunded for the original ticket, so I've paid over £300 pounds for a ticket which should have cost me not more than £120.

They've admitted fault and have offered refund for failed tickets, but only in the form of a credit note. I'm not happy to accept this since it's for over £200 & they haven't been a sparkling success for me so far. They say they can't refund my card because they don't have the ticket (the machine reference having expired), but no mention of the money they owe me for the original, cancelled ticket, nor that I've sent them all the emailed ticket confirmations with ref nos, etc. Having got nowhere with Customer Services I tried writing to their Head Office. It's 4 weeks now & have heard nothing.

This says three things to me: a) there are flaws with their booking system if it's possible to buy tickets that don't exist and payments aren't correctly processed, b) their customer services isn't up to scratch, and c) buy direct from the train company because you have no means of redress if things go wrong.

Avoid!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
I'd go and talk to your credit card company at this point, as they're jointly liable with RSH for the amount you are down (which will be the cost of the replacement tickets).

Deerfold

Veteran Member
The only time I've heard of fast ticket machine codes expiring before has been several days after the ticket was due for.

I've certainly had tickets (not via RSH) which I've I've not picked up for weeks/months after making my booking. I've only ever had one problem whcih was a printing problem, quickly rectified by station staff.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
The only time I've heard of fast ticket machine codes expiring before has been several days after the ticket was due for.
OP says it was two months later so that would explain it? Maybe a bug in their system that they don't update the expiry date for the ticket-on-demand booking reference if the journey is changed to a later date?

Status
Not open for further replies.