• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Redcar to margam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbornite

Established Member
I can remember a few yesrs back when these freughts ran frequently with HTAs for conveying coke, but it pretty much ceased running in 2015. However I have noticed that it very occasionally runs, sometimes with a mix of wagons. Could anyone confirm what the frequency is for these workings? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Established Member
Three times a week (MWFO) - this latest batch of trains are conveying
stocks from the closed steelworks at Redcar to Port Talbot.

MARK

Harbornite

Established Member
Three times a week (MWFO) - this latest batch of trains are conveying
stocks from the closed steelworks at Redcar to Port Talbot.

MARK

Thanks for clearing that up, it's a pity what happened to Redcar.

What's also a pity is the reduction in railfreight on my local line (brum- bristol). I can remember in 2015, before the carbon tax, that we had daily shipments of colas and freightliner coal empties from Ratcliffe and Rugeley respectively. The flask trains from Somerset were also more frequent back then and we used to have daily class 60s on 6E41. All gone now!

Last edited:

Freightmaster

Established Member
Thanks for clearing that up, it's a pity what happened to Redcar.

What's also a pity is the reduction in railfreight on my local line (brum- bristol). I can remember in 2015, before the carbon tax, that we had daily shipments of colas and freightliner coal empties from Ratcliffe and Rugeley respectively. The flask trains from Somerset were also more frequent back then and we used to have daily class 60s on 6E41. All gone now!
The line through Bromsgrove is still pretty busy, but all the freight traffic
is concentrated in the late evening these days!

MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.