• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Redhill Engineering Work this Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Anyone know the exact location/s of this weekends engineering work at Redhill, please?

Thanks,
Peter

Reigate level crossing is closed tomorrow so I guess there is some work at Reigate.

It looks like something is happening on the up slow line at Salfords by the look of this engineers train

0002½ Horsham Up T.C. to Salfords
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/U45002/2019-11-24/detailed

although that seems to return to Horsham Up T.C. early on Sunday morning.

0615 Gatwick Airport to Horsham Up T.C.
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/U45003/2019-11-24/detailed

Guess there are other worksites which will become clear around 1am when the possession is taken after the passage of the last trains from Reading, Victoria and Brighton.

Last edited:

RichT54

There is an entry on the one.network roadworks website which says the closure of the Reigate level crossing is for "Access and Egress of RRV..." which I assume means a Road Rail Vehicle?

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Possession taken covers Coulsdon South to Earlswood on the mainline.

A lot of T3 entries on the map
https://www.opentraintimes.com/maps/signalling/vtb2#T_REDHILL

I noticed a crane in operation at Coulsdon South in connection with the new footbridge. Assume there are other works along the route.

Separate closure of Reigate level crossing closes the line from Shalford Junction. Work underway on the level crossing trackbed - it was renewed last October.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
A moment between replacement buses also enabled me to see that there is engineering work underway at the northern end of platform 2 at Redhill.

Deepgreen

Established Member
Not too far away, the former goods yard area at Betchworth station has been completely cleared of mature vegetation, including trees, and was full of engineering vehicles this morning when I caught a train (see my hurriedly-taken photo). Further along towards Dorking there is new line-side fencing being erected - is the Betchworth site for this work? Seems a lot of work to open the site just for this. I know there have been RRVs getting on and off the railway at Brockham recently (they've been left at the side of the A25 there!), so Betchworth station seems too remote to be useful here.

Also, I wonder why this fencing needs replacing, as it's buried under thick brambles all the way and is at extremely low risk of breaching by trespassers! There must be many sites where this work is much more necessary (far higher risk of trespass, etc).

DSC03036.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.