• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Redhill [RDH] - Bangor (Gwynedd) [BNG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsr

Established Member
Hello folks

I'd like to get this booking done quickly, as I already seem to have missed a tier of Advances, even though booking didn't open until recently. Also, I need to let a couple of friends know my arrival time ASAP.

The return journey is as follows:

Redhill [RDH] > Bangor (Gwynedd) [BNG]

Date: 04 August 2012
Time of departure: any time from mid morning.

Bangor > Redhill

Date: 10 August 2012
Time of departure: any time between 10am and 12pm, or thereabouts.

I will be able to use:

16-25 Railcard
Oyster card loaded with 16-25 Railcard

I will need the option to carry a full-size mountain bike. I am OK with carrying this on the District/Circle Line, if necessary, as I am very familiar with the Tube, and I am perfectly able to lift it for a considerable distance. I am OK with booking a slot on Virgin or any other train. All I need is a train to carry it within the permitted times, as I will also have a large backpack or similar luggage (don't worry, it's not as mad as it sounds).

The best deal I have found so far is from Virgin's site:

RDH>BNG
Advance Single
Dep: 1248 > Arr: 1717
£14.85 (That sounds pretty reasonable, I think!)

BNG>RDH
Off Peak Single (Web Only; Must be purchased from Virgin; Must be purchased as part of a return journey)
Depart any time (Unless I've missed something!)
£29.85

So, is anyone able to find better prices? I am perfectly happy to use obscure routes, splits or such like. Also, if any prices that you find are only around £10 more expensive in First Class than in Standard Class, I'd consider these. I don't think that's likely, but it's worth a go (any more than about £10 and I'll just pay for WiFi, drinks and any food required).

If you could let me know ASAP, that would be greatly appreciated. As I say, I have several people waiting on tenterhooks to know precisely which train I've booked (I can't go into the reasons why, I'm afraid).

Many, many thanks for the assistance and advice I'm sure you will provide! :)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tsr

Established Member
The only Advance tickets with a rainy day guarantee are Southern's own:

http://www.southernrailway.com/offers/money-back-guarantee

Oops, yes - I just noticed that. Thanks, though!

EDIT: My original post has had its reference to this removed.

EDIT 2: This thread is now closed as I have chosen to book now for various reasons. My sincere apologies to anyone who was going to add their input and has spent time on this, but I have now had to book. Mods - please delete/close as necessary!

Last edited:

Safety365

If you booked by either the Southern or VirginTrains website, I hope you clicked through TopCashBack.com website first!

Status
Not open for further replies.