• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Refund Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reder

Hi All,

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread. I have been trying to work out how much my season ticket refund will be due to being made redundant and i need to pay of the remaining season ticket loan.

I spoke to a ticket station staff member and he said that if you get a refund you lose two and half months as this is free when you purchase the ticket?

So how i have worked it out is:

Chatham to Gravesend Season Ticket from 17/02/2016 to 16/02/2017 at a value of £1696

The time i will be stopping getting the train will be the 28th of march

So would this be 1696 - 530? taking off give or take 3 and half months?

Apologies if I have got this completely wrong and thank you for the help - Also can I phone customer services to get a refund or does this have to be at the station - I did ask but he had no idea :)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
You will have the price of a 1 month 12 day season ticket (£228.20) deducted, and a discretionary £10 admin fee.

For season ticket refund calculations, please see our Fares Guide Section 5.

The base rate for your ticket is £42.40.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You might be better off getting a changeover to a Hatton-Lapworth season ticket as this is done at a pro-rata rate and you get to keep your Gold Card benefits.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
It doubt it would be cheaper in this case. A "loophole" changeover is poor value typically towards the beginning of the validity, especially if the passenger makes little use of the Gold Card, and more so if the original ticket is of a low value (which is the case for the OP).

Reder

Thank you bb21 I got the calculation completely wrong

I appreciate the quick reply

Status
Not open for further replies.