• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Refund for season ticket change-over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda

I did a change-over of my season ticket today with South Western Railway at the Bracknell office. I'm due a refund of over £500, but the lady at the ticket office said that she wasn't authorised to pay it out and that it will be dealt with as per the form she gave me (all it says is "Payment from or credit due to customer to be dealt with in accordance with National Rail instructions"). She mentioned something about the card I used to buy it on, but that account is now closed.

She stamped the section for "Receipt for Refund" and wrote the amount in words, but the "Customer's Signature", "Date Refund Made" and "Paid by" fields are not completed.

Does anyone have any idea of what will happen with the refund?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Using the same payment method as purchase is a standard anti-fraud measure. However, card numbers do change so there must be a procedure. You may be contacted by head-office to check how you want the refund, but in your case I'd suggest calling customer relations soon and asking what happens next.

Status
Not open for further replies.