• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Refund from FGW question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
I had a East Croydon - Marlow return ticket yesterday and on my return the 4pm and 5pm were cancelled so I had to take a taxi to Maidenhead. Unfortunately the gate ate my ticket at East Croydon. Can I still claim a refund?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I know its of no help now, but if yo tell the gateline staff at the time when the gate keeps your ticket that you need to to claim a refund, sometimes they are willing to open the gateline machinery and fish the ticket out for you.

I'm confused as to how an East Croydon gate managed to hold onto your ticket. Presumably you went through the gateline, and then realised the trains were cancelled, and exited back through the same gateline. I wouldn't have expected an exit gate to take a ticket valid for travel from the station where the gate is at.

OwlMan

Established Member
I had a East Croydon - Marlow return ticket yesterday and on my return the 4pm and 5pm were cancelled so I had to take a taxi to Maidenhead. Unfortunately the gate ate my ticket at East Croydon. Can I still claim a refund?

Where did this happen?
Did you ask the staff what to do when the 4pm was cancelled? And when the 5pm was cancelled?
How was the ticket eaten at East Croydon?
Peter

island

Veteran Member
I know its of no help now, but if yo tell the gateline staff at the time when the gate keeps your ticket that you need to to claim a refund, sometimes they are willing to open the gateline machinery and fish the ticket out for you.

Or if you tell the gateline staff before putting your ticket in, they'll let you out the manual gate ;)

GodAtum

On Moderation
I was coming back from marlow to east Crodyon.

I forgot that the ticket was going to be eaten at the gate at East Croydon and I was in a rush as I was already very late.

There are no staff at Marlow station nor any electronic signs.

bnm

Established Member
no ticket no refund,no proof you did not use it

Wrong. Submit a claim with all details of journey, explaining why you no longer have the ticket and I'd be very surprised if you didn't get your 'charter' compensation.

es373

How did you pay? If you paid by card then your statement should be enough.

GodAtum

On Moderation
yeah I pad by card. Will send a form in with receipt and hope for the best!

causton

Established Member
First Capital Connect have a field on their delay repay form saying "If ticket retained by barrier, state which station" which may imply that you do not need the ticket still - a proof of purchase is probably enough if you explain the total amount on the bill :)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This is not a refund of an unused ticket.

This is a request for compensation.

Supply fgw with any evidence you have.

Was there a help point at marlow?

Status
Not open for further replies.