• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

refund virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy67

How long does it take to get a refund back was on 10.55 man picc - london euston on 5 nov did not get into london untill 4.15 due with overhead line down.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bengolding

I assume you mean compensation. I think Virgin aim to reply in full with rail vouchers within 28 days plus an acknowledgement of your form within a week. But with so many delays recently, I bet their mailbag is bursting at the seams and the response time may be longer. Virgin's compensation scheme is the most un-generous around compared to others such as XC. Let's hope we get Delay Repay on thw WCML next December!

All Line Rover

Established Member
You will get a full refund for such a long delay. Just send your tickets off along with a cover letter containing details of the delay to this address:

Customer Relations,
Virgin Trains,
FREEPOST BM6613,
Birmingham,
B5 4BR.

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I assume you mean compensation. I think Virgin aim to reply in full with rail vouchers within 28 days plus an acknowledgement of your form within a week. But with so many delays recently, I bet their mailbag is bursting at the seams and the response time may be longer. Virgin's compensation scheme is the most un-generous around compared to others such as XC. Let's hope we get Delay Repay on thw WCML next December!

Yes, I agree. But at least Virgin pay compensation for delays outside their control (even though they don't have to), such as extreme weather and, erm, suicides. First Great Western do not normally pay out for either of these (and other) situations.

I still await the introduction of DELAY REPAY! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.