• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Refunding advance "return" due to cancellation

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddington

I am going to book a pair of advances on Scotrail (online) for a same day return journey.

If the strike continues into August, then the trains on which I wish to travel have a good chance of being cancelled.

There will likely be later services which would enable me to make the journey, but I don't wish to take them and would want a refund without any admin fees.

As the outbound and inbound are both advance singles they are technically not related. Would I be able to refund both at the ticket office? What about if the outbound is cancelled but the inbound is not?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
....As the outbound and inbound are both advance singles they are technically not related. Would I be able to refund both at the ticket office? What about if the outbound is cancelled but the inbound is not?

If you bought your ticket at that ticket office, or at a ticket office of the same company, yes, you should get a refund on both tickets if the outward service is cancelled.

If you bought the tickets from another outlet, you would need to obtain the refund through that outlet.

You would have 28 days, from the date of travel, to apply for the refund.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
And under those circumstances I'm sure we would waive the fee for the return journey. But it would probably depend on the individual policy of the company you book the tickets with.

Status
Not open for further replies.