• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Refurbished Eurostar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Someone else will need to make the call then - I'm cloth eared!

So you're thinking, get the diagram then try to call up the seat plan online to see what's different?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

flash

What..? Is the linked train a Velaro or did you just feel like posting that? :)[/QUOTE]

Suggest you wait for the pictures Wednesday morning!

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
It's definitely an e320; photos have been appearing on gen groups showing it on the way on the continent.

Some sources are quoting the set identity as 4007/8 but I'm not 100% sure if that's accurate - have they built four complete rakes yet? ( I was expecting it to be 4003/4 coming over... )

BrianTheLion

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Yes, that's it on the way.

Interesting - have I miscounted or is it formed of 17 carriages? I thought it was going to be 20?

navyblue

Yes, that's it on the way.

Interesting - have I miscounted or is it formed of 17 carriages? I thought it was going to be 20?

There are 16 coaches on each of the new e320s, each one longer than those on the 390s, giving same overall length despite 2 fewer coaches. :D

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Apparently, according to a posting on a gen group, the Eurotunnel Krupps locomotives are not available to make the move to Temple Mills tonight!

I have no idea if the train will be left at Frethun or at Dollands Moor - if it was me, I'd make sure it was at Dollands; it's more secure there isn't it?

D7666

Some sources are quoting the set identity as 4007/8 but I'm not 100% sure if that's accurate

I was going to ask the same question.

Some web sources state all of 4001 to 4013 are complete. But nowhere can I establish where the things are except 4001/4002 known to be in BE-land.

Possibly because this same gen is on wikipiffle - never a definitive source - people are recycling this without checking on it ?

--
Nick

starrymarkb

Established Member
I wonder whats with the container wagons fore & aft ? spare parts? coupler converter vehicles?

Converters. The standard coupler to High speed stock is the Schafenberg. The wagons may also be providing brakeforce as well.

user15681

Established Member
BYE9uR_IIAEEkKT.jpg

@GBalzac

Not sure I like the grey on the 373s.

P.s this was taken back in November 2013, but I couldn't see it in this entire thread, so apologies if you've already seen it.

Last edited:

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Doesn't look bad. Does it still have that awful angular up-jolt in the bottom of the blue area further back, which on the Velaros completely ruins the effect given by the curves at the nose.

user15681

Established Member
I think the up-jolt in the blue is planned the same as the Velaros, but the pictures only show the nose.

BYE938aIEAAUy_0.jpg

@GBalzac

lyonsajh

Any further update on the refurb? That has been going on for years ..... I remember first being told of it in 2012 ..... Has been delay after delay

ModernRailways

Established Member
As far as I was aware one set was all but done. However, that's just what I've heard from various sources so I could be wrong!

airinter

Doesn't look bad. Does it still have that awful angular up-jolt in the bottom of the blue area further back, which on the Velaros completely ruins the effect given by the curves at the nose.
A picture on wallorail.be shows a complete blue powercar, but the rest of the train is still white. I wonder why they paint the formerly yellow area around the lamps grey on the 373 when it remains yellow on the velaro.

Status
Not open for further replies.