• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rejection Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanE1991

Hey everybody, long time visitor, first time poster here

I received a rejection email today from Abellio Greater Anglia for a position as a yard assistant, I literally only just sent the application off on Saturday so does this indicate that I didn't make it through the sift because I got such a fast reply? and how long do I need to wait before I can apply for another role?

I must admit I was very disheartened when I opened the email, but i don't want to give up after just one attempt though. How many attempts did it take you to get your job on the railway?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bodiddly

Don't give up Ryan, keep applying for everything that suits you. Get more experience in other jobs/voluntary work and don't give up. Lots of people who work for the railway today probably had to apply for several jobs before getting started, I know I did.

Established Member
Keep trying, keep trying and keep trying!!

Just remember for every position advertised, hundreds apply, so don't be disheartened if you get rejected.

I've applied for several and got rejected at various stages, (including sift), but am lucky enough to have just been accepted by one company.

Persistence is the key, set up alerts on the various Operators websites to keep you in the loop about you positions as they come up.

applepie2100

You're not the only one. I've just received a rejection e-mail from VTWC for their Red Track programme. You just have to put it behind you and keep trying, even although the rather "informal" style used by Virgin is just on the wrong side of helpful/morale boosting!

RyanE1991

Thanks for your kind replies people.

So do I have to wait 6 months before I can apply for another role or can I apply again straight away as there are quite a few job postings on there at the moment.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I don't see why you can't apply again immediately. It's very disheartening being unsuccessful, but as everyone has said, don't give up.

ItchyRsole

I remember my cousin applying for a role with FCC at the time. He done his online application. Pressed send and literally within 5 seconds had an email saying he was unsuccessful. Obviously no one had read it, plus it was 2am.

I told him to use a new email address, copy and paste all he'd done in the original and add words such as, customer service, safety, customer satisfaction etc.

Again, sent it. This time he received a positive email saying he would be contacted etc. long story short, he got the job in the ticket office and is now a station manager for TL.

Strange but true!

BTU

Hey everybody, long time visitor, first time poster here

I received a rejection email today from Abellio Greater Anglia for a position as a yard assistant, I literally only just sent the application off on Saturday so does this indicate that I didn't make it through the sift because I got such a fast reply? and how long do I need to wait before I can apply for another role?

I must admit I was very disheartened when I opened the email, but i don't want to give up after just one attempt though. How many attempts did it take you to get your job on the railway?

I was 25 when I applied for my first trainee train driver job 7 attempts over the years and eventually at the age of 43 I got the job. I did have a job I liked which I knew I wasn't going to do for ever as it was very hard on the body and I wanted something less physical I also wanted to end up down by the coast in a well paid job that I could do until I retired and now I have it and it was worth it.Keep trying and you will get there in the end it's just a bit of luck and a lot of waiting around coupled (excuse the pun) with a dogmatic approach and a willingness to succeed .

Griff

You're not the only one. I've just received a rejection e-mail from VTWC for their Red Track programme. You just have to put it behind you and keep trying, even although the rather "informal" style used by Virgin is just on the wrong side of helpful/morale boosting!

Hi everyone, I'm a new member and first time poster.

I also applied for that job and was unsuccessful on this occasion, it's back to trying again!

Took me 5 interviews to get in. Working on the railways is a desirable job so naturally the competition is going to be fierce, so just take every application that isn't successful as a learning experience and look to improve your application for the next attempt. Keep going and you will get there.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.