• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Remaining EMR HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statto

Established Member
I don't think it was mean spirited from East Midlands Railway not to have a sent off, they'd already had up on there special HST retirement page that
we will not be advertising the final HST in passenger service
some of it would have been due anti social behaviour by some people last weekend too, so for safe operation they decided not to have a send off ceremony.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mainline421

I don't think it was mean spirited from East Midlands Railway not to have a sent off, they'd already had up on there special HST retirement page that

some of it would have been due anti social behaviour by some people last weekend too, so for safe operation they decided not to have a send off ceremony.

Having traveled on the 20:02 tonight, I'd say EMR did give them a proper send off.

Phil H

There was plenty of space on the 20.02. We moved coaches as some football fans got on who unfortunately were shouting over a tannoy dedicating the train to someone, so we missed that and me and my lad didn't fancy listening to their "French" all the way back.

There was quite a queue to get on an no one was allowed on P1 until boarding time and a PA to not stop by the power cars.
I missed getting a shot of the lead car with headboard as was more intent on getting a seat.

The morning run was a different matter, where the last southbound arrived and there was a sense of occasion on the platform with all the crew.

But overall, Big thanks to EMR and the souvenir tickets on the 20.02.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I wonder if staying in hotels for leisure was allowed more people would have gone all the way to Leeds on the final service?

(Because at 23:00 doesn't leave many options on arrival into Leeds, other than driving)

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
More hi vis jacketed staff and BTP than enthusiasts, once everyone had boarded the train. Despite the really rather small number of spectators (maybe 20 or 30 at most) they weren't letting anyone onto the platform, which seemed a bit mean spirited to me but there you go. So we just watched the rear power car disappear off up the platform and then everyone shuffled off.
There were more than that at King's Cross for the 365 send off!

WesternLancer

Established Member
I wonder if staying in hotels for leisure was allowed more people would have gone all the way to Leeds on the final service?

(Because at 23:00 doesn't leave many options on arrival into Leeds, other than driving)
Yes, I'd have prob done that.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Hats off to EMR for keeping their diagrams going for the full period.

It sounds as though it was quite a pleasent and relaxed experience for those who made it.

Iskra

Established Member
Does anyone know what’s happening with the depot space and technicians at Neville Hill after the departure of HST’s please? Are they switching to Northern?

Are the EMR 08’s now redundant too?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
As there are no more remaining diagrams (as far as we know), this thread has now served its purpose.

To discuss recent journeys to travel on, or see, the EMR HSTs please use:

For anything else please create a new thread (if there isn't one already), or use an existing one (if there is). If you have any questions please contact us directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.