• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Remaining EMR HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railperf

Established Member
43102 at St Pancras ready for the 19.04 to Leeds.

Only the 19.04 a HST tonight from Stp.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Too early for me I'm afraid.

Oh well, it wasn't a trad 1st class interior anyway I suppose.

I've had so many blissful journeys on MML HST's over the years and there are more important things.

Last edited:

Emaharg

I think the saying is the early bird catches the worm. 43102/274 provided a healthy turnout of enthusiasts with a faultless run to Nottingham and back.
Thanks to the staff at EMR for making it an enjoyable journey too.

Optima

Managed to get on both sets for a quick return from MHR-LEI and back with my kids this afternoon. 1D48 and 1B63. Timed it well as the red set broke down shortly after.

Last time I was on an HST it was one of the old EMT ones and they were much more comfortable. The ex-LNER ones seem to have had the interiors replaced with hard, modern seats. Does anyone know why the EMT sets were replaced by the ex-LNER ones?

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I think the saying is the early bird catches the worm. 43102/274 provided a healthy turnout of enthusiasts with a faultless run to Nottingham and back.
Thanks to the staff at EMR for making it an enjoyable journey too.

I suppose at least I've had twenty years of "early birdding".

Railperf

Established Member
Tonight's 19.04 St Pancras ro Leeds was not that busy. Loads of seats available. Will tomorrow be busier? I just hope that people follow the advice to leave vestibule windows shut or else face the set being withdrawn early like last Sunday.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Does anyone know if they are running the HST from St pancras tomorrow and times?
Still supposed to be 2 sets and 2 round trips saturday, 2 southbound in the morning, 2 northbound in the eve (tho not that I have a level of knowledge to confirm that). Word on train this eve (19.04 from St P) was that the other set that had the fault and terminated at East Nids P way was to have a power car swap overnight so that 2 sets could run saturday. I guess best way to find out is to get up early and look at relevant info sources (eg RTT departures from Leeds from c6am)

Tonight's 19.04 St Pancras ro Leeds was not that busy. Loads of seats available. Will tomorrow be busier? I just hope that people follow the advice to leave vestibule windows shut or else face the set being withdrawn early like last Sunday.
agreed. Most seating bays in 1st taken though on leaving St P - but not crowded, no social distancing issues. Plenty of space in Std really.
Good humoured staff (a few extra on board to keep an eye on vestibules but nothing heavy handed in any way) and the nice touch of handing out Destination labels as souvenirs to passengers. Well done to all staff concerned.

HST274

Does anyone know if they are running the HST from St pancras tomorrow and times?
On RTT the following are supposedly running:
Diagram 1
5B23 0603 Neville Hill T&R.S.M.D to Leeds
1B23 0634 Leeds to St Pancras International
5B23 1040 St Pancras International to Cricklewood Depot
5D63 1754 Cricklewood Depot to St Pancras International
1D63 1834 St Pancras International to Leeds
5D63 2232 Leeds to Neville Hill T&R.S.M.D

Diagram 2
5B28 0713 Neville Hill T&R.S.M.D to Leeds
1B28 0740 Leeds to St Pancras International
5B28 1216 St Pancras International to Cricklewood Depot
5F70 1857 Cricklewood Depot to St Pancras International
1F70 2002 St Pancras International to Leeds
5F70 2316 Leeds to Neville Hill T&R.S.M.D

Obviously RTT cannot be fully trusted but it was right last Sunday. Also obviously all depot movements are ECS.
-Robert

Jippy101

Still supposed to be 2 sets and 2 round trips saturday, 2 southbound in the morning, 2 northbound in the eve (tho not that I have a level of knowledge to confirm that). Word on train this eve (19.04 from St P) was that the other set that had the fault and terminated at East Nids P way was to have a power car swap overnight so that 2 sets could run saturday. I guess best way to find out is to get up early and look at relevant info sources (eg RTT departures from Leeds from c6am)

agreed. Most seating bays in 1st taken though on leaving St P - but not crowded, no social distancing issues. Plenty of space in Std really.
Good humoured staff (a few extra on board to keep an eye on vestibules but nothing heavy handed in any way) and the nice touch of handing out Destination labels as souvenirs to passengers. Well done to all staff concerned.
I would be taking my lad to kings Cross St pancras so have no idea where to look need somewhere to look in the morning and keep fingers crossed.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Diagram 1

Diagram 2

Obviously RTT cannot be fully trusted but it was right last Sunday. Also obviously all depot movements are ECS.
-Rober
People on EMR HST train this eve (enthusiasts not staff, I did not ask staff myself) seemed to be expecting that pattern of service for saturday.

Jippy101

Diagram 1

Diagram 2

-Robert
Oh that really helps as another person said 10.40 from St pancras. Thanks

WesternLancer

Established Member
I would be taking my lad to kings Cross St pancras so have no idea where to look need somewhere to look in the morning and keep fingers crossed.
See times above - but getting on to platform at St P is not simple if you do not have a ticket. Not sure if it would work for you but if I was at London end I might take a thameslink a couple of stops out of St P to watch the 1st HST coming south run through, then maybe go back to St P to see if you could get a look / ask staff if they will let you past barrier for a look - but they may be reluctant to do that if busy. Hard to know really.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
then maybe go back to St P to see if you could get a look / ask staff if they will let you past barrier for a look - but they may be reluctant to do that if busy. Hard to know really.
EMR have specifically stated that they won't let you onto the platform if you're not travelling. I would be prepared to have to buy a ticket to Luton Airport Parkway (or to touch in on contactless, with the risk of a maximum fare if you touch out again at STP) if you want to access the platform.

Jippy101

See times above - but getting on to platform at St P is not simple if you do not have a ticket. Not sure if it would work for you but if I was at London end I might take a thameslink a couple of stops out of St P to watch the 1st HST coming south run through, then maybe go back to St P to see if you could get a look / ask staff if they will let you past barrier for a look - but they may be reluctant to do that if busy. Hard to know really.
We will travel up to stevenage on it then back on something else.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Oh that really helps as another person said 10.40 from St pancras. Thanks
That is this train that arrives St P at 10.24 then leaves empty t0 depot at 10.40

But I agree access to platform could be your problem - esp if others not intending to travel are also asking the same. A ticket for the 10.05 train that calls at Luton Airport Parkway would give access but that is at some cost...

We will travel up to stevenage on it then back on something else.
Not sure I follow you - EMR HST does not go to Stevenage. Maybe you mean Thameslink however.

Jippy101

That is this train that arrives St P at 10.24 then leaves empty t0 depot at 10.40

But I agree access to platform could be your problem - esp if others not intending to travel are also asking the same. A ticket for the 10.05 train that calls at Luton Airport Parkway would give access but that is at some cost...

Not sure I follow you - EMR HST does not go to Stevenage. Maybe you mean Thameslink however.
Sorry yes it's market Harborough

Market Harborough sorry

RealTrains07

Established Member
Diagram 1

Diagram 2

-Robert
That’s unfortunate as I was hoping to catch 274/102 at Nottingham to try get another go at filming its departure.

But alas those times wont work for me as I risk missing my connection back to crewe and the trains towards derby dont run early enough for me to be able to see the leeds to london run

Railperf

Established Member
I really don’t recommend going to St Pancras to travel on it if you don’t have a reservation. It’s likely to be very busy and you may get turned away.
There are no reservations at the moment!!

Status
Not open for further replies.