• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Remaining EMR HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

HST274

Shame it can’t be a weekend :(

They should’ve used 5M17 as a passenger path throughout non-SAH (stay at home) times. Would’ve picked up some decent revenue throughout Easter Holidays I expect
Agreed but if they had done it on a weekend you probably would have had floods of people wanting to join in. Even if on board Social Distancing is easily possible, crowds at stations are hard to manage, much more so than on a weekday where most are at work/school.
-Robert

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HST43257

Established Member
Agreed but if they had done it on a weekend you probably would have had floods of people wanting to join in. Even if on board Social Distancing is easily possible, crowds at stations are hard to manage, much more so than on a weekday where most are at work/school.
-Robert
Surely a farewell tour is for people to travel on or see, rather than miss through school/work?

HST274

Surely a farewell tour is for people to travel on or see, rather than miss through school/work?
I do agree but I am not in charge and I was just suggesting they might be more concerned with covid risks (small as they me be ATM)

Also 1C43 on Sunday is looking likely to be an HST unless something goes wrong.
-Robert

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Bookings have opened for the Branch Line Society/125 Group tour next Thursday. Anyone who wants a ticket would do well to get on it straight away!

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Shame it can’t be a weekend :(

They should’ve used 5M17 as a passenger path throughout non-SAH (stay at home) times. Would’ve picked up some decent revenue throughout Easter Holidays I expect

But presumably requires a guard (if the ECS runs without one), which may not be in supply every day.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Trouble is, is Realtime Trains actually accurate?
For example, the 07:04 St Pancras to Nottingham (calling Wellingborough 7:54, Leicester 8:31) always used to be a HST and is showing as a HST on Realtime Trains, but the last time I got that train, (relatively recently, with few HSTs overall), it was a Meridian?
Open data sites do not show allocations; they just show timing loads.

Clansman

Established Member
I'm a little confused reading upthread as to what diagrams the remaining HSTs are guaranteed on, so could someone please confirm...

For next week, is it literally just the Leeds services, inbetween which they sit in Cricklewood all day?

nat67

Established Member
I'm a little confused reading upthread as to what diagrams the remaining HSTs are guaranteed on, so could someone please confirm...

For next week, is it literally just the Leeds services, inbetween which they sit in Cricklewood all day?
Weekdays
1) 1C15 0519 Leeds-St Pancras
1D48 1534 St Pancras-Nottingham
1B69 1745 Nottingham-St Pancras
1F70 2001 St Pancras-Leeds

2) 1B23 0634 Leeds-St Pancras
5M17 1020 St Pancras-St Pancras via Oakham
1D43 1434 St Pancras-Nottingham
1B63 1645 Nottingham-St Pancras
1D66 1904 St Pancras-Leeds

WesternLancer

Established Member

yep pretty much that - they sit at cricklewood (or do an ECS route learner which on Thurs 13th is acting as a one off rail tour)
not sure it can be a 100% gaurantee but -
I believe it should be on weekdays:

first set out does:

1C15
dep Leeds 05.19
via Doncaster and Derby
arr St P 07.03

Then to Cricklewood, then

1D48
St P 15.34
Nottm 17.10

1B69
Nottm 17.45
St P 19.36

1F70
St P 20.01
via Derby
Leeds 23.11
----------------------
Second set out does

1B23
dep Leeds 0638
not via Doncaster
via Nottm dep 08.32
arr St P 10.11

Then 5M17 route learning trip or to cricklewood, then

1D43
St P 14.34
Nottm 16.10

1B63
Nottm 16.45
St P 18.34

1D66
St P 19.04
via Nottm
Leeds 22.49

From my notes of a week or two back, not freshly checked so others may want to correct any errors

Clansman

Established Member
yep pretty much that - they sit at cricklewood (or do an ECS route learner which on Thurs 13th is acting as a one off rail tour)
not sure it can be a 100% gaurantee but -
I believe it should be on weekdays:

first set out does:

1C15
dep Leeds 05.19
via Doncaster and Derby
arr St P 07.03

Then to Cricklewood, then

1D48
St P 15.34
Nottm 17.10

1B69
Nottm 17.45
St P 19.36

1F70
St P 20.01
via Derby
Leeds 23.11
----------------------
Second set out does

1B23
dep Leeds 0638
not via Doncaster
via Nottm dep 08.32
arr St P 10.11

Then 5M17 route learning trip or to cricklewood, then

1D43
St P 14.34
Nottm 16.10

1B63
Nottm 16.45
St P 18.34

1D66
St P 19.04
via Nottm
Leeds 22.49

From my notes of a week or two back, not freshly checked so others may want to correct any errors
That's great, thanks for taking the time to type that up.

Valid until Friday 14th I presume?

WesternLancer

Established Member
That's great, thanks for taking the time to type that up.

Valid until Friday 14th I presume?
Cheers
Yes, I think mon to fri next week until fri 14th may inclusive. But best check RTT by tracing the trains from the Leeds originating point and via platform arrivals and departures to double check - that's how I compiled it and how I have checked it on any day when I have wanted to view or travel on one. There are also likley to be HSTs on sat 15th. But better to go sooner rather than later as I assume the later in the week the busier they will be.

Note tour on 13th now seems fully booked

T-Karmel

EMR just posted this video saying to read full statement on their website accessed via "link in bio", whilst it isn't there (maybe just not yet) and I can't find it directly on their website.

Edit:
found the link now on their Facebook page: https://www.eastmidlandsrailway.co.uk/hst-retirement

Retirement of our HST's​

We understand the retirement of our remaining High Speed Trains from passenger service in May is an important milestone and one which everyone at EMR is determined to recognise.
However, we are also living in unprecedented times and our absolute priority must always be to protect the safety of our colleagues and our customers and operate within the Government's restrictions to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
In marking the retirement of our HST’s we must balance both of these considerations.
HST in Intercity Swallow livery at Neville Hill depot

As shown below, we are taking the opportunity to mark this occasion. We have renumbered the historic 43102 and reintroduced the Swallow livery as well as introducing the first (and only) EMR power car. There is much more to come and in the coming weeks we will be unveiling more ways to mark this occasion and providing opportunities for our passengers, partners and fans to get involved too.
However, we will not be advertising the final HST in passenger service.
Our HST's remain in passenger service up until the introduction of our new timetable. We are sure all of you will take the opportunity to ride on these iconic trains in the weeks to come.
Watch the team at Neville Hill depot as they pay homage to this well-loved ‘HST era’ as they welcomed back power car 43102, the famous World Speed Record holder for Rail Diesel Traction, in its Intercity Swallow livery.

The team at Neville Hill depot mark the occasion by re-livering a power car in our EMR brand colours. The 43274 is the first (and only) unique purple HST to enter service on the Midland Main Line.

Mark the retirement of the Intercity 125 safely​

Help us send our HSTs off in style by playing your part to keep everyone safe.

Use the train doors and windows safely.​

If you travel onboard one of our HSTs between now and their retirement remember that train door windows should remain closed at all times while the train is in motion. Only open the train door windows when it has come to a stop at a station platform.
Leaning out the windows of moving trains can cause serious injury or death. Anybody caught disregarding these rules may be removed from the train.

Take photos responsibly​

We get it, our HSTs are photogenic and we love seeing your snaps of the great work our team at Neville Hill have done on our celebrity power cars. Remember if you are taking photographs at a station to be mindful of other people around you and follow these simple rules:
  • Stay clear of the platform edge and behind the yellow lines where they are provided for safety reasons.
  • Do not trespass onto any area of the railway that is not available to passengers.
  • Do not climb on any structure or interfere with platform equipment.
  • Ensure that you do not obstruct any signalling equipment or signs which are vital to the safe running of the railways.
  • Avoid wearing anything which is similar in colour to safety clothing, such as high -visibility jackets, as this could cause confusion to drivers or other railway employees.
  • Avoid congregating at busy areas of the platform (e.g. customer information points, departure screens, waiting areas, seating etc.) or where this may interfere with the duties of station staff.

Travelling close to the HST's retirement date.​

As we get closer to the final day in service our HST services might get busier than usual. We are still in the midst of a pandemic so we need to monitor overcrowding closely. In some instances, boarding controls may be in place at the station meaning not everyone who would like to board a certain service will be able to, even if you have a ticket for a specific service. Please keep this in mind when making your travel arrangements and be prepared to respect our team's decision to deny boarding if we deem it necessary.

Last edited:

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Does anyone in the know, know what will be the last day in ordinary passenger service - Thursday or Friday ?

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Does anyone in the know, know what will be the last day in ordinary passenger service - Thursday or Friday ?
If you want to guarantee a ride then the earlier the better. There could be overcrowding or other reasons why waiting until the last day(s) is inadvisable.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
If you want to guarantee a ride then the earlier the better. There could be overcrowding or other reasons why waiting until the last day(s) is inadvisable.

Indeed, however knowing what the last day actually is will enable me to make a judgement (I had planned yesterday as it happens, for the reasons you cite, however I decided against it, given recent events......)

raetiamann

Trouble is, is Realtime Trains actually accurate?
For example, the 07:04 St Pancras to Nottingham (calling Wellingborough 7:54, Leicester 8:31) always used to be a HST and is showing as a HST on Realtime Trains, but the last time I got that train, (relatively recently, with few HSTs overall), it was a Meridian?

Sadly I don't think I'll be able to get on a HST before they are withdrawn from service. Hopefully someone manages to preserve them before the inevitable happens.
RTT maynot be 100% accurate but it's free and I'm certainly not aware of anything better, so I'd hate to lose it.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
RTT maynot be 100% accurate but it's free and I'm certainly not aware of anything better, so I'd hate to lose it.
However, RTT is still accurately displaying what the service is pathed or timed for - known as the “timing load”. What the train planners have designed the schedule for. We should read the stock shown as a shorthand for “this stock or any other with similar or better performance”.
It is not a question of inaccuracy, people are usually just misinterpreting ‘timed for’ as “will be operated by”.

LowLevel

Established Member
Due to the behaviour of enthusiasts on board HSTs today 1B68 1752 Notts to St Pancras is now 222005 with NL58 being sent ECS Nottingham to Etches Park.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Due to the behaviour of enthusiasts on board HSTs today 1B68 1752 Notts to St Pancras is now 222005 with NL58 being sent ECS Nottingham to Etches Park.
Very sad to hear this @LowLevel , and staff having to put up with that when no doubt they have asked people not to do it. I hope lessons are learned by passengers concerned.

Djminisite06

Any indication if this means the last HST has ran or will it be back out tomorrow?

Ethan1852

HSTs have been pulled from service for the rest of today due to window hangers.

https://twitter.com/EastMidRailway/status/1391439618999037961

We must consider the safety of everyone travelling so we have had to make the difficult decision to remove this train from service today. We are working to have extra staff next week so we can continue to run them safely on their final week in service. ^PB

There is apparently a meeting happening tonight. An official announcement will hopefully be made soon.

WesternLancer

Established Member
HSTs have been pulled from service for the rest of today due to window hangers.

https://twitter.com/EastMidRailway/status/1391439618999037961

There is apparently a meeting happening tonight. An official announcement will hopefully be made soon.
I hope people get this message - and to any staff who offer to help out to achieve this - one message: Many thanks!
I will be well annoyed with anyone who causes HSTs to be cancelled having booked tickets a while back for a journey in the next few days.

trainmania100

Established Member
leaning out whilst stood at station or on the move?
Looked like it was on the move, certainly no platforms in the shot. But they removed from Facebook so probably know it was wrong, 1st may I think it was so I think right before all this stuff with the btp started

So with 43274 now in derby etches park, I'm guessing it's unlikely it'll be on 1M17 tomorrow ? I think which is ex 1B23 06xx) or something from Leeds

JonathanH

Veteran Member
So with 43274 now in derby etches park, I'm guessing it's unlikely it'll be on 1M17 tomorrow ? I think which is ex 1B23 06xx) or something from Leeds
Is there no chance of a set swap at Derby on 222005's return journey?

43 302

Established Member
NL58 102/274 back out on 1F74 from DBY to SHF. Both power cars off tonight, 251/257 on. Two days only.

Status
Not open for further replies.