• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Remaining GWR HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apedlar12

For weekdays, diagrams IW11, IW12 and IW13 have now all gone over to IET operation (Today all worked by 9 car IETs, though 1A02 on IW12 was a HST then swapped to 9 car IET).

Diagrams IW1 - IW10 still HST but more will be going over to IET over the next months.

Weekends, diagrams IW11 and IW12 on Sat and diagrams IW11 and IW13 on Sun should be going to IET from the 17th too.

This means no more weekday and Saturday HSTs to Swansea, but diagram IW10 (1B35 and 1L86) on Sunday isn't due to go over yet. Although, this diagram isn't operating as per the WTT for a few weeks due to engineering works.
Thanks for the very informative update :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adsy125

Will the highest diagrams continue to be removed until there are just a few of the low numbered ones as currently? And how many many diagrams will there likely be on the last day, (I know we don’t know when that will be yet).
Thanks

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Will the highest diagrams continue to be removed until there are just a few of the low numbered ones as currently? And how many many diagrams will there likely be on the last day, (I know we don’t know when that will be yet).
Thanks
They aren’t all removed in reverse numerical order according to the linked info in post #627.

Clarence Yard

Established Member
The current SX plan is as follows;

As from 11/03/19 - Diagrams 8, 9 & 10
As from 08/04/19 - Diagrams 2, 5 & 7
As from 29/04/19 - Diagram 4
As from 20/05/19 - Diagrams 1, 3 & 6

Diagram 6 could go earlier than 20/05/19, if required.

SO and SuO diagrams should cease from the weekend before so the last day of normal service on GWR should be on Friday 17th May.

The picking of diagrams 1 and 3 (both lunchtime Pullman workings) as the last pair was far from co-incidental and the last ordinary SX departure from Paddington should be the 21.03 on the 17th, nicely timed for a slot on the 22.00 TV news.

Adsy125

The current SX plan is as follows;

As from 11/03/19 - Diagrams 8, 9 & 10
As from 08/04/19 - Diagrams 2, 5 & 7
As from 29/04/19 - Diagram 4
As from 20/05/19 - Diagrams 1, 3 & 6

Diagram 6 could go earlier than 20/05/19, if required.

SO and SuO diagrams should cease from the weekend before so the last day of normal service on GWR should be on Friday 17th May.

The picking of diagrams 1 and 3 (both lunchtime Pullman workings) as the last pair was far from co-incidental and the last ordinary SX departure from Paddington should be the 21.03 on the 17th, nicely timed for a slot on the 22.00 TV news.
Thanks very much, conviently for me the 21:03 calls at Westbury. Are there likely to be any special runs or tours, or will that be it?

Clarence Yard

Established Member
Weekend of 1st/2nd June is being currently being penciled in for a final GWR special but nothing definite yet. When it has been decided, I won't be able to publish any details until GWR go public with it.

Bod

I can't imagine Fiona Bruce being the slightest bit interested in the last HST to run in service for the Ten news...:rolleyes:

Clarence Yard

Established Member
With some of the "filler" they are now putting in, especially on the days when news is quiet, it's always worth a punt!

mmh

Established Member
I've tried looking (probably not well enough!) but I can't find the post with the detail of the diagrams, can anyone help please?

(Am looking to go Paddington - Weston-super-Mare in the next few weeks and hoping to get a final HST ride in)

Thanks!

trevor rolfe

Hi, I am trying to get my last power car for haulage 43198...does anyone know if it is diagrammed to come up to London in the next few days?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I've tried looking (probably not well enough!) but I can't find the post with the detail of the diagrams, can anyone help please?

(Am looking to go Paddington - Weston-super-Mare in the next few weeks and hoping to get a final HST ride in)

Thanks!
Post #627 has a link. I mentioned it a few posts back.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I can't imagine Fiona Bruce being the slightest bit interested in the last HST to run in service for the Ten news...:rolleyes:

It wouldn't be up to the newsreaders, there will be a news editor somewhere.... it's certainly worth a try finding out who the news editors are and then flagging it up to them...

irish_rail

Established Member
Hi, I am trying to get my last power car for haulage 43198...does anyone know if it is diagrammed to come up to London in the next few days?
It's overnighting at Worcester tonight so if the diagrams remain unchanged in theory it will work an early one to London then the 0820 to Hereford and 1209 back to London. But watch this space I'll have a look in the morning to confirm if i remember

nat67

Established Member
If you don't get it on the Ex Worcester then you could always get it in Cornwall or Devon as it's in green that indicates that it's for the GTI sets so should be around for the rest of the year at least.

irish_rail

Established Member
It's overnighting at Worcester tonight so if the diagrams remain unchanged in theory it will work an early one to London then the 0820 to Hereford and 1209 back to London. But watch this space I'll have a look in the morning to confirm if i remember
Indeed it is working 8.20to Hereford 12.09 return and then 1733to paignton.

trevor rolfe

Thanks!

MIB

It wouldn't be up to the newsreaders, there will be a news editor somewhere.... it's certainly worth a try finding out who the news editors are and then flagging it up to them...

That is not correct in the case of Fiona Bruce. If you have read any of her interviews, she sees herself as a journalist and she makes it her business to be involved in the editorial decisions in the newsroom when she is the presenter. She used to be a regular on the Ten but that has waned since she got the QT role so chances are she won't be on that night. If she was doing the bulletin the significance of a HST would be lost on her I imagine.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
That is not correct in the case of Fiona Bruce. If you have read any of her interviews....

I haven't - I don't go in for any of this celebrity stuff... The only times I ever see her / anything she says are when she's reading the main news at 18.00 or on the Antiques Roadshow and it's spin off Fake or Fortune.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
I think lots of people will be looking to get a last HST ride in over the next few weeks including myself!

Well don't you just walk round to King's Cross or St Pancras, or in the south west find one of XC's HST workings?
It's by no means the "last HST working.
They have an indefinite life in Scotland as well.

mmh

Established Member
Well don't you just walk round to King's Cross or St Pancras, or in the south west find one of XC's HST workings?

They'll be in the south west in the form of the short GWR HSTs too.

For me, it's because I never (can be years between journeys) go anywhere from King's Cross, St Pancras or in Scotland, but I do quite often go to Bristol and Weston.

Yes I’m aware that we’ll still see the XC ones. Plus we’ll also have the 2+4 sets with GWR.

mikeastons

Not sure where to check but I’m currently on the 1822 to Hereford which is Green 43154 leading and Blue 43196 on the back.
Train manager and nice trolley lady have just told me it’s the last HST service to be run on the Cotswold Line to Hereford.
I know this isn’t the last HST run as they have a way to go elsewhere but is this true about the Cotswold line?

Last edited:

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Not sure where to check but I’m currently on the 1822 to Hereford which is Green 43154 leading and Blue 43196 on the back.
Train manager and nice trolley last have just told me it’s the last HST service to be run on the Cotswold Line to Hereford.
I know this isn’t the last HST run as they have a way to go elsewhere but is this true about the Cotswold line?

That diagram should be ceasing on 8th March, not tonight. (unless the Taunton-Exeter blockade is impacting?)

mikeastons

That diagram should be ceasing on 8th March, not tonight. (unless the Taunton-Exeter blockade is impacting?)
Yes the diagram info I printed out says 8th March.
I was shocked (and was on it by chance) so filmed lots and took pics.
I’ll certainly check on Monday in Worcester if I can at the times that should be HST and see if they have been replaced by cucumbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.