• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Remaining GWR HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrow trains

Afternoon all, any idea yet what services through Melksham on the 4th and 6th May are HST's as they're diverting through there? Many thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TEW

Established Member
Nope the services booked for 9 cars, have reservations for 9 cars.
I don't see how IET reservations can be put out on HSTs as there are much less table seats on HSTs, and they have a buffet, so reservations in K wouldn't be put out
The seats don't match well, but reservations can and should be placed. Reservations for E should be placed in coach L. First Class reservations for E on a 9-coach 800 should be placed in Coach L. The HSTs were relettered in December 2018 to make the reservations work, to an extent, for this interim period.

VT 390

Established Member
How many full HST sets are there remaining with GWR (not including the 2+4 sets)?

bnm

Established Member
Tangentially is putting it mildly. If someone doesn't understand their seat reservation, then asking the TOC is a rather obvious thing to do about it, as opposed to expecting an answer here.

It looks like the reservation system thinks a 2x5 IET is allocated to the 18.22 to Hereford...

Moaning about questions on seat reservations being off topic, directing folks to the TOC because the question won't be answered here... then giving an answer.

Your point? :rolleyes:

jimm

Established Member
That people don't seem to wish to take the obvious step and ask GWR in the first place - or accept that is the case - perhaps?

All my 'answer' did was muddy the waters further, given that 2x5 IET formations are not currently allowed in passenger service on the Cotswold Line due to the platform extensions still not being operational - presumably this requires yet another IET software update - which takes us back to ringing up GWR, so they can address the issue for Essexman direct.

Essexman

Established Member
That people don't seem to wish to take the obvious step and ask GWR in the first place - or accept that is the case - perhaps?

All my 'answer' did was muddy the waters further, given that 2x5 IET formations are not currently allowed in passenger service on the Cotswold Line due to the platform extensions still not being operational - presumably this requires yet another IET software update - which takes us back to ringing up GWR, so they can address the issue for Essexman direct.

I'll contact GWR.

I got an unexpected HST ride yesterday, 16.27 from Paddington to Penzance which I joined at Bristol. I'd travelled to Bristol on an earlier IET. Both weekend first - what a difference in comfort.

BRX

Established Member
Are diagrams next weekend (27/28 April) expected to be as per the ones in the Frequently requested diagrams thread, or will there be alterations?

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Are diagrams next weekend (27/28 April) expected to be as per the ones in the Frequently requested diagrams thread, or will there be alterations?

There will be alterations - I suspect only a handful (about 4 or 5 I suspect) of those listed will run which mirrors the weekday situation. Keep an eye on this thread as someone will no doubt post what the plan for this weekend will be in due course.

BRX

Established Member
There will be alterations - I suspect only a handful (about 4 or 5 I suspect) of those listed will run which mirrors the weekday situation. Keep an eye on this thread as someone will no doubt post what the plan for this weekend will be in due course.
Ok. Cheers.

yololiverb1

are the diagrams over the weekend of 11th and 12th of May subject to any change at all due to engineering works? or is it a case of wait until closer to time and find out? (wanting to save money and book advance tickets for a couple of moves)
thanks in advance

VT 390

Established Member
I have contacted GWR to ask about the 18th May and they replied saying only the 18:30 to Taunton/Exeter is booked for a HST and the other 3 services will be IET operated.

cactustwirly

Established Member
are the diagrams over the weekend of 11th and 12th of May subject to any change at all due to engineering works? or is it a case of wait until closer to time and find out? (wanting to save money and book advance tickets for a couple of moves)
thanks in advance

There are no fixed HST diagrams for weekends anymore (except 18/05)

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Perhaps the person who answered my email just thought it is booked for an IET as that it what it is usually booked for.
Possibly. As is regularly seen across a whole range of subjects, TOC social media teams are pretty useless for this sort of question...

Apedlar12

The 5 HST diagrams for 27/04 contain the following services:
1. 1A80 > 1C85
2. 1A83 > 1C87
3. 1A92 > 1C32
4. 1A75 > 1C77 > 1A94 > 1C33
5. 1A04 > 1C76 >1A87 >1C92

I asked the same thing a while ago and got this response :)

cineandy

Hello, I have been lurking in the background for some, firstly thanks everyone who posts information on here. Done little for a few years on the railways, lost interest. However the end the HSTs have sparked interest again. My question is, are there any headboards, ceremonial send off etc planned for the last day and or train (1830). Anyone know what restrictions maybe imposed at Paddington on the last day, no tripods, etc.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Hi - is anyone able to confirm if the 13.03 from Paddington to Plymouth tommorrow (weds 24th april) will be an HST as per the ever useful diagram info?

Apedlar12

Hi - is anyone able to confirm if the 13.03 from Paddington to Plymouth tommorrow (weds 24th april) will be an HST as per the ever useful diagram info?
Just had a look, and that diagram was 43187/194 today so I assume it should be an HST tomorrow :)

FGW_DID

Established Member

Yes, booked HST (IW3) and unless a set swap occurs it should be Set OC45 with 43162 & 43172.

FGW_DID

Established Member
Do you know what is on 0741 1C81 Penzance-Paddington and 0451 1A79 Plymouth-Paddington today 24th April.

Thanks,
Nat

1A81 07:41 Penzance to London Paddington = OC55 43185 / 43155
1A71 04:51 Plymouth to London Paddington = OC38 43098 / 43071

Status
Not open for further replies.