• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Remaining GWR HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Many thanks for this. I assume weekends (provided engineering works don't affect things) are the same?

Thanks for this as l am in South Wales and was not sure what to expect.

Is there any HSTs going to Landore Tmd anymore to overnight?

jimm

Established Member
We're a bit of a way off a climax yet - with the last few five-car 800s, all 21 nine-car 800s and 36 assorted Class 802s yet to enter service.

Also, as of next week's timetable change, there will be HSTs going back on the following jobs until late June, when IETs take over, either in place of Turbos or as short-term stand-ins for IETs while diagrams are juggled to make most effective use of what's available. A Turbo will also be going on the 11.22 Paddington-Worcester and 13.55 return next week instead of an IET for a while.

05.12 Paddington to Moreton-in-Marsh / 07.10 Moreton-in-Marsh to Paddington
09.21 Paddington to Worcester / 12.00 Worcester to Paddington
15.22 Paddington to Great Malvern / 18.34 Great Malvern to Paddington
17.52 Paddington to Worcester / 20.59 Worcester to Paddington

I'm afraid I don't know how what other services the diagrams covering these may involve.

cactustwirly

Established Member
We're a bit of a way off a climax yet - with the last few five-car 800s, all 21 nine-car 800s and 36 assorted Class 802s yet to enter service.

Also, as of next week's timetable change, there will be HSTs going back on the following jobs until late June, when IETs take over, either in place of Turbos or as short-term stand-ins for IETs while diagrams are juggled to make most effective use of what's available. A Turbo will also be going on the 11.22 Paddington-Worcester and 13.55 return next week instead of an IET for a while.

05.12 Paddington to Moreton-in-Marsh / 07.10 Moreton-in-Marsh to Paddington
09.21 Paddington to Worcester / 12.00 Worcester to Paddington
15.22 Paddington to Great Malvern / 18.34 Great Malvern to Paddington
17.52 Paddington to Worcester / 20.59 Worcester to Paddington

I'm afraid I don't know how what other services the diagrams covering these may involve.

Well, the diagrams from Bristol/Cardiff/Swansea feel very thin on the ground.
I'd imagine the rest of the IETs will be introduced quite a bit quicker than the intial batch.

Thanks for those interim diagrams

Established Member
Wow I must be really lucky because I thought there were still loads of HSTs around. I always seem to get them, and I always seem to spot them. It's catching a Hitachi that is an impossible mission for me but surely that's a good thing according to most people's verdict!

cactustwirly

Established Member
Wow I must be really lucky because I thought there were still loads of HSTs around. I always seem to get them, and I always seem to spot them. It's catching a Hitachi that is an impossible mission for me but surely that's a good thing according to most people's verdict!

There are still a lot of HSTs, but not very many on the Bristol & South Wales services

Class 33

Established Member
There appears to be at least a couple of workings not in that list, either that or they're missing from the latest IET Diagrams posted. I was looking at booking either the 0900 or 0930 service from London Paddington-Bristol Temple Meads on a Monday in July. Was hoping they would be an IET, but it doesn't look like as these are not listed on the IET diagrams. And they're not in this HST list either. Can anyone please confirm if these services are HST's or IET's?

cactustwirly

Established Member
There appears to be at least a couple of workings not in that list, either that or they're missing from the latest IET Diagrams posted. I was looking at booking either the 0900 or 0930 service from London Paddington-Bristol Temple Meads on a Monday in July. Was hoping they would be an IET, but it doesn't look like as these are not listed on the IET diagrams. And they're not in this HST list either. Can anyone please confirm if these services are HST's or IET's?

I haven't had the time to go through all the diagrams.
I've updated the list with the 0900, which is a HST
The 0930 appears to be an IET

Class 33

Established Member
I haven't had the time to go through all the diagrams.
I've updated the list with the 0900, which is a HST
The 0930 appears to be an IET

Cheers. I'll book the 0930 to get a journey on an IET back home, even if it means waiting about a bit longer at Paddington than I intended.

CC 72100

Established Member
@cactustwirly

Have you picked this week to work what is HST and what is IET? Unfortunately this week the turns are different (for example, only one of 1430 and 1530 PAD - WSM is normally HST) due to the Pewsey blockade.

If so, a day next week would give a more accurate reflection.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and to do my pet hate of saying something is wrong/suspected to be wrong but without offering a correction or suggestion!

cactustwirly

Established Member
@cactustwirly

Have you picked this week to work what is HST and what is IET? Unfortunately this week the turns are different (for example, only one of 1430 and 1530 PAD - WSM is normally HST) due to the Pewsey blockade.

If so, a day next week would give a more accurate reflection.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and to do my pet hate of saying something is wrong/suspected to be wrong but without offering a correction or suggestion!

A bit of both.
I'll double check now
Do you know any more HST diagrams?

cactustwirly

Established Member
A bit of both.
I'll double check now
Do you know any more HST diagrams?
They both look like HST diagrams.
The 1430 starts at Swansea, but finishes at Worcester via Swindon
The 1530's diagram is formed from an ECS from Laira

CC 72100

Established Member
13:30 Pad - Bristol / 16:00 Bristol - Pad

19:12 Pad - Bristol

19:30 Pad - WSM is an IET this week but is normally a HST.

That's what I'm getting at; this week won't give you an accurate picture. Sorry :(

cactustwirly

Established Member
13:30 Pad - Bristol / 16:00 Bristol - Pad

19:12 Pad - Bristol

19:30 Pad - WSM is an IET this week but is normally a HST.

That's what I'm getting at; this week won't give you an accurate picture. Sorry :(

Thanks I'll add those to the list

CC 72100

Established Member
Thanks I'll add those to the list

No worries - I'd honestly wait until next week though and do a proper, clean job of it. I think it's a very good idea though as many members (like myself) will be looking to go for trains that are HSTs.

Levente_BP

Can anyone confirm if the summer Saturday services to Pembroke will be HSTs or IETs? Thanks

GW43125

Established Member
Can anyone confirm if the summer Saturday services to Pembroke will be HSTs or IETs? Thanks

IETs aren't cleared beyond Carmarthen due to clearance issues (they're 26m vehicles as opposed to mk3s which are 23m)

nicjoynson

Early days, but can anyone confirm the diagrams from the start of the new timetable today with respect to the Worcester/Hereford route?

Thanks in advance,

Nic

nat67

Established Member
Early days, but can anyone confirm the diagrams from the start of the new timetable today with respect to the Worcester/Hereford route?

Thanks in advance,

Nic
Have a look at the top of the thread from what Cactustwirly has wrote it lists all Cotwolds HST services.

nicjoynson

Have a look at the top of the thread from what Cactustwirly has wrote it lists all Cotwolds HST services.
I did see these but I also see repeated messages that say 'wait until after the timetable change to be sure'.

I'm intrigued that the lists imply 1P18 0642 Hereford to Paddington is an IET which I think makes it the only IEP on the Malvern-Hereford section.

Nic

cactustwirly

Established Member
I did see these but I also see repeated messages that say 'wait until after the timetable change to be sure'.

I'm intrigued that the lists imply 1P18 0642 Hereford to Paddington is an IET which I think makes it the only IEP on the Malvern-Hereford section.

Nic

Sorry the 0642 is actually a HST for the time being.
Must have slipped through the net, I haven't had the time to check all the diagrams.
Treat this list as a list of definate HSTs, rather than what is an IEP (use the other thread for that, for the time being)

26th June is the date for the next set of IET diagrams.

If anyone has any other HST diagrams that aren't on the list then please feel free to PM, and I'll update the list.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
The news of these diagrams mostly going to IET operation is exciting...

...until we start having more staff shortage problems, especially on the Devon & Cornwalls when these routes go to IET operation!

cactustwirly

Established Member
If you want to do HST bashing now is the time!
Had a look in August and there appears to be only 1 HST diagram on the Cotswolds line.

cactustwirly

Established Member
Diagrams have been updated since the 9 car 800s are being introduced on the Cheltenham route on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.