• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Remaining GWR HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railperf

Established Member
Still on one Power car leaving Bristol Parkway and approaching the Severn Tunnel.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Still on one Power car leaving Bristol Parkway and approaching the Severn Tunnel.

Hopefully 43198 Driver Stan Martin keeps running well then!

Where is Driver Brian Cooper on this train? There's been talk it's on the same rake, but it's not on the near-side. other people are saying 43002 has Kenneth Grange on it.

jimm

Established Member
Signal problems between Didcot and Oxford mean the 11.22 to Great Malvern is currently running 25 minutes late and getting into the territory where it could get terminated in Worcester, due to lack of time to shunt to Malvern Wells and back.

QuestRail

Signal problems between Didcot and Oxford mean the 11.22 to Great Malvern is currently running 25 minutes late and getting into the territory where it could get terminated in Worcester, due to lack of time to shunt to Malvern Wells and back.

Urgh, that would be unfortunate, Malvern is amongst my favourite destinations so I jumped at the chance to book myself on it.

Fingers crossed, for that and 43002. The best laid plans.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
43002 was always going to be the biggest worry, being the oldest one of the lot, conversely if you're going to pair it with another loco, than 43198 is probably the best to, being the youngest.

Cancelled on the screens at Foregate Street. Will terminate and start at Shrub Hill according to journey check.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Cancelled on the screens at Foregate Street. Will terminate and start at Shrub Hill according to journey check.
Thankfully I haven’t passed Droitwich yet so I can change there for a Shrub Hill service.

Peter C

Established Member
Yep, can confirm it will terminate at Shrub Hill according to announcements at KGM.

-Peter

QuestRail

Yep, can confirm it will terminate at Shrub Hill according to announcements at KGM.

-Peter

The boards at Pershore are saying this too. Lucky that I moved down the line from Malvern, otherwise I might have been stuck.

[Insert annoyed noise here]

Railperf

Established Member
1B25 to Swansea 18 late leaving Bridgend ..but 0 to 60 in 100s tells me we have 2 power cars?

Carl01

Just waiting for the 13.56 out of SWINDON to Bath, quite a lot of train enthusiasts here & have been much of the day. These new IET’s under the wires are really quiet.........

spark001uk

Established Member
I'm hearing reports Sir Ken is now purring again?
Just don't shut it down at Pad.!!

Railperf

Established Member
I'm hearing reports Sir Ken is now purring again?
Just don't shut it down at Pad.!!
Yes...healthy acceleration again. Unless they have configured the front power car to uprate IET style when the other power car shuts down haha.

Peter C

Established Member
Looking on RTT says that the 1P61 will still be calling at Kingham at 1555. Please can anyone confirm if this is the case as it was terminated at WOS and not GMV. I was wondering if it may come through earlier to make up time or something but has terminating it earlier done that by itself?

Thanks,

-Peter

QuestRail

Looking on RTT says that the 1P61 will still be calling at Kingham at 1555. Please can anyone confirm if this is the case as it was terminated at WOS and not GMV. I was wondering if it may come through earlier to make up time or something but has terminating it earlier done that by itself?

Thanks,

-Peter

Should go through as scheduled, removing the last few stops just gets it back on schedule from Worcester, rather than having the return leg heavily delayed too.

Peter C

Established Member
Should go through as scheduled, removing the last few stops just gets it back on schedule from Worcester, rather than having the return leg heavily delayed too.
Oh OK. Thanks very much for that one! I'm excited and sad that I'll be riding on the last Cotswold HST this evening as well. Is anyone else doing the same? :)

-Peter

spark001uk

Established Member
I'm seeing on gwr twitter account that 1830 is going to be p8/9 at pad now. So no more p1-4 lineup then?

TheLastMinute

I'm seeing on gwr twitter account that 1830 is going to be p8/9 at pad now. So no more p1-4 lineup then?

The tweet states they are boarding from a holding area on plat 8/9. This is commonly what is done when large numbers are expected, e.g. Glastonbury, so would expect the actual departure would be plat 1.

CC 72100

Established Member
Judging by the progress of the return journey, it appears that 002 is back in the game.

Railperf

Established Member
Judging by the progress of the return journey, it appears that 002 is back in the game.
Update: according to the travelling fitter...the batteries in 43002 are not charging from the 415v supply and there is a risk of them going flat which may have consequences on our ability to get back to Paddington

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Update: according to the travelling fitter...the batteries in 43002 are not charging from the 415v supply and there is a risk of them going flat which may have consequences on our ability to get back to Paddington

Jeez if any set needs to make it for tonight's ceremony it's that set, with all the history behind the name plates that are on those two power cars and the fact that GWR have gone out their way to make sure Sir Kenneth Grange, Brian Cooper and Stan Martin are honoured.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Is anyone here going on the Flying Banana tour? £148 for the full thing looks quite step, but coming from East Anglia the fact that it also includes the tour and travel from anywhere on the network to Temple Meads the day before the tour and from Plymouth to anywhere on the network the day after makes it a lot better value than it seems at first.

On Moderation
43002 was always going to be the biggest worry, being the oldest one of the lot, conversely if you're going to pair it with another loco, than 43198 is probably the best to, being the youngest.
Utter dribble. Age has got no bearing on the reliability of one power car against another, especially when one is 43 years old and one is 37.

cactustwirly

Established Member

Set now 7L

cactustwirly

Established Member
Utter dribble. Age has got no bearing on the reliability of one power car against another, especially when one is 43 years old and one is 37.

Agreed! The earlier powercars have the better performance IME

Status
Not open for further replies.