• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Remaining LM 150s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Erm, Tyesley Depot? There are still 3 150's based at Tyesley.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

A few questions:
*What is GMSR?
*Are they being fitted with first class?
*Do guards have to sign 150/0's seperately as they have the cab from a /1 & the doors from a /2?

GSM-R = Communications System, replacing CSR

1. Already answerd above
2. Not as far as im aware of...First Class on Reading to Basingstoke is rather lightly used anyway, combined with the main bulk of the Thames Valley route set to become Standard Class only within the next few years due to the introduction of Crossrail and really the 150s are only long term temporary then at the moment it's looking rather unlikley.
3. I doubt it - It is afterall only the staff doors that are of the sliding air type - In fact, Reading staff are apparently currently undergoing training on the Golden Valley route from Swindon to Gloucester!

As for the main passenger doors - It'll be interesting to know as to whether 001 & 002 will also get the intermediate door controls fitted as per the ex Sliverlink 150/1 & FGW 150/2 fleets, as although there main use will be our Reading to Basingstoke shuttle, they could also see some use in the Bristol area too...

TEW

Established Member
Expect they'll be fitted with intermediate door controls, they do make the guards job a lot easier. I don't know if FGW have run out of them though because I noticed the more recent LM arrivals have not had them fitted, not sure when fitting stopped but the first couple of arrivals from LM such as 101 and 122 have had them fitted. Originally when FGW received the first pair of 150/1s crews were briefed on the differences from a 150/2 but not given conversion training.

387star

On Moderation
Why did LM keep 150s for the Beford Bletchley route? Is it because the route is self contained and it would be hard to maintain the 172s nearby

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I think it was because some platforms cannot take 2 23m coaches, and a single 150/1 has more seats than a single 153.

tbtc

Veteran Member
Why did LM keep 150s for the Beford Bletchley route? Is it because the route is self contained and it would be hard to maintain the 172s nearby

Apparently because there's one school service which a single 153 can't cope with, but the platforms cannot cope with a doubled up 153, hence the situation of running a 153 on one duty and a 150 on the other duty.

I don't know whether the passengers on the route know to aim for the 40 metre train instead of the 23 metre train?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Apparently because there's one school service which a single 153 can't cope with, but the platforms cannot cope with a doubled up 153, hence the situation of running a 153 on one duty and a 150 on the other duty.

I don't know whether the passengers on the route know to aim for the 40 metre train instead of the 23 metre train?

The 150's are still going strong. I get the 153 on the way to work and the 150 on the way home. An ideal line for pacers! :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.