• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reminder: Photocards needed for 7-day paper Travelcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

island

Veteran Member
With effect from NFM12 (20th May, or just over two weeks from now), National Rail ticket offices will only issue 7-day paper Travelcards to holders of a Photocard. (Photocards can be made at any staffed station on production of a passport-sized photograph.)

The reason for the change is unclear.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
Do YP photocards count or does it have to be a photocard proper?

barrykas

Established Member
Do YP photocards count or does it have to be a photocard proper?

As stated in another thread, a Y-P photocard can be used for one weekly "in an emergency", but subsequent purchases require a season ticket photocard to be issued.

Cheers,

Barry

34D

Established Member
Is it still the case that if one buys from SWT you get renewals cheaper (assuming they perform poorly)?

barrykas

Established Member
Is it still the case that if one buys from SWT you get renewals cheaper (assuming they perform poorly)?

The TOCs still offering Charter Discounts rather than Delay Repay are:

• Arriva Trains Wales
  • c2c
  • Chiltern Railways
  • First Great Western
  • First Transpennine Express
  • Northern
  • ScotRail
  • South West Trains
  • Virgin Trains

The only flow to which a discount currently applies is Virgin on Euston - Scotland.

Cheers,

Barry

dzug2

Anyone know why this requirement has come in?

I would guess there is a significant problem with them being passed on to others to use

And to bring them into line with season tickets

benk1342

I'm confused. At my station a photocard has always been required for a 7-day season; even if you bought it at the machine you had to write the photocard number on it or it wasn't valid. Was it different for travelcard seasons? Is that what the change is?

Sparks169

I'm confused. At my station a photocard has always been required for a 7-day season; even if you bought it at the machine you had to write the photocard number on it or it wasn't valid. Was it different for travelcard seasons? Is that what the change is?

It depends where you travel from. The only 7-day season you can purchase at present without requiring a photocard is a 7-day Travelcard valid only within the London Fare Zones.

7-Day Travelcards valid from stations outside of the LFZ DO require a Photocard.

For example:

A 7-day Travelcard valid from East Croydon (In-Boundary Station) currently doesn't require a Photocard.

A 7-day Travelcard valid from Gatwick Airport (Out-Boundary Station) does require a photocard.

This new change from the 20th means that ALL season tickets including the In-Boundary 7-day Travelcards will require a Photocard for validity.

Status
Not open for further replies.