• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rental car companies during the covid-19 situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattA7

As some are probably aware through my previous posts I live in a very small rural town which is a nightmare at the best of times especially as I don’t have a car am reliant solely on public transport.

With the ongoing shenanigans of public transport operators I’m am wondering are car rental working normally during these times? Has anyone rented a car/vehicle post Covid-19 times?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tezza1978

I have mate - hired a car from Enterprise Car Club in Warrington a couple of weeks ago- they just need to allow gaps between bookings to disinfect/valet the inside, steering wheel, gearstick etc

route101

Established Member
I have mate - hired a car from Enterprise Car Club in Warrington a couple of weeks ago- they just need to allow gaps between bookings to disinfect/valet the inside, steering wheel, gearstick etc

I used to be a member of that. Once i couldnt park the car back in its spot as it was blocked. The milage charge did add up.

MattA7

Thanks will look into it I wasn’t sure if the rental companies were open and/or what madness to expect from the covid situation

Butts

Veteran Member
I have rented three or four cars during the lockdown travelling from Scotland to England a number of times.

Most companies had restricted opening times at certain branches or were closed altogether.

Luckily I live within range of Edinburgh Airport and Avis have been open throughout (normal hours 0700-2300)

For key workers (like me) they had £10 day specials with only a £100 excess.

theironroad

Established Member
As some are probably aware through my previous posts I live in a very small rural town which is a nightmare at the best of times especially as I don’t have a car am reliant solely on public transport.

With the ongoing shenanigans of public transport operators I’m am wondering are car rental working normally during these times? Has anyone rented a car/vehicle post Covid-19 times?

I believe some of the companies were doing monthly or longer rentals at not eye watering prices , must admit I did consider one but have managed without, but I don't live in a rural area which helps.

Crossover

Established Member
Enterprise shut some of their stores during lockdown I believe, but maintained some form of operation.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Would echo what others have said, I've rented a car every fortnight throughout lockdown from Avis and it's been absolutely fine. Only issue has been the limited opening hours which have required me to stop working a bit early on a Friday to collect the car!

Status
Not open for further replies.