• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reopening Liverpool St. James

Status
Not open for further replies.

D821

Merseytravel have given some preliminary details around their plans to re-open the old St. James railway station, which shut in 1917. They have put to a public vote what the station should called on reopening, as 'St. James' could get confused with 'James St'. The choices are:
  • Liverpool Baltic
  • Liverpool Parliament Street
  • Liverpool Riverside
More details can be found at:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I've seen this, and I think it's a terrible choice of names.

The station should be called "Baltic Triangle", and does not need a "Liverpool" prefix*, as neither James St nor Moorfields have this, and like those two it is a secondary city centre station. Just "Baltic" sounds rubbish as it's an adjective (sort of) with no noun, and it's nowhere near the riverside. Parliament St would do but is a bit boring.

I think they will find this is the overriding view.

* It can be "Baltic Triangle Lpool" in the fares data or somesuch, if necessary, as James St is.

Status
Not open for further replies.