• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Request for help - make speeding ticket go away

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSlash

Established Member
Any ideas how to make a speeding ticket go away with paying / getting endorsement?
42 in a *30*

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I think it's best to pay it sooner as it's cheaper if you pay by a certain date.

I don't really agree with trying to 'cheat' that system. As a cyclist and pedestrian I get fed up of people speeding. I'm sure it was an accident but just best to pay up and learn the lesson, IMO. :)

jd

Tell em you had a pregnant woman in the back! (It worked for someone round here, and they got on the local BBC news:P)

Craig

Established Member
TheSlash said:
Any ideas how to make a speeding ticket go away with paying / getting endorsement?
42 in a *30*
No. It's your own fault for speeding :roll:

Dave A

TheSlash said:
42 in a *30*

Yes! Leave it on a side table on the edge so its just about to fall off. Then, pretending your in a rush, run towards the ticket on the floor, slip, brake your leg and take the council to court ending up with £3000+ compensation.

<D ;) <D :D <D :x <D <D <D

But seriously, I don't like people who speed and get away with it so this might teach you a lesson <( <D :P

Simming

Do what the Fuzz Does when they are caught. Just say you dont know who was driving that day, that way they cant charge you.

T

Tom

I'd rather suggestions weren't given on how to break the system, pay for it and then you are fine! :)

Say you weren't driving... and get done for contempt of court instead <D :lol: .

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, coming from one who's had more than the odd close shave getting flashed on the A406 (no tickets though, must be divine intervention), but it's your lookout to know where the cams are. Otherwise, don't break the speed limit. However, may I suggest a copy of the 2006 AA Road Atlas? <D

Guinness

Established Member
Eternal Traveller said:
However, may I suggest a copy of the 2006 AA Road Atlas? <D

I take it you watched that episode of Top Gear. ;) <D

TheSlash

Established Member
I was winding it up for a 40 when some plod who should of been out catching real criminals {gotta love it ;) } snapped me out the back of his van
Still at least i wasnt the only one because i wasnt making any ground on the car in front...

TheSlash said:
I was winding it up for a 40 when some plod who should of been out catching real criminals {gotta love it ;) } snapped me out the back of his van
Still at least i wasnt the only one because i wasnt making any ground on the car in front...

As the Chinese foodseller says on The Fifth Element - "Hah that's just bad luck!" - see Plod doing it all the time on the Mile End Road.

TheSlash

Established Member
Tell about bad luck, i'd finished work early so if i'd of finished normal time, he might not of been there, ah well

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Why do people think it's fine to break the speed limit on roads where there aren't cameras?

Do they apply the same logic to railways?

Simming

on preserved railways at least. The Last Diesel Gala I went to was ruined because they had the Guy from the HMRI clocking the speed of drivers, so there was no good thrash on that day :?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
You don't need to be going fast to get good thrash. Just have a decent bank to climb with a long-ish train, that'll get the clag out!

yorkie said:
Why do people think it's fine to break the speed limit on roads where there aren't cameras?

No, but safe, sensible selection of appropriate speed for conditions is OK. Applying your railway analogy, the East Coast Main Line would be running at a top whack of 75 or so. Case in point - some roads were built to Motorway standards, yet the powers that be insist on 40 and a camera every mile. Is that cricket? Of course I'm not going to tear down a road with several schools on or a local estate, for example, nor am I going to speed in fog or rain (but the amount that do really cheese me off). However with a perfectly straight road with about a half a mile's worth of clear vision, I'm going to put my foot down, myself.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Eternal Traveller said:
yorkie said:

No, but safe, sensible selection of appropriate speed for conditions is OK. Applying your railway analogy, the East Coast Main Line would be running at a top whack of 75 or so. Case in point - some roads were built to Motorway standards, yet the powers that be insist on 40 and a camera every mile. Is that cricket? Of course I'm not going to tear down a road with several schools on or a local estate, for example, nor am I going to speed in fog or rain (but the amount that do really cheese me off). However with a perfectly straight road with about a half a mile's worth of clear vision, I'm going to put my foot down, myself.

And then, on the other extreme, you have poor-ish quality, narrow, country roads with lots of tight, blind bends but national speed limit (60mph for the type of road?) which seems a bit too fast IMO.

Also, whilst not the biggest lover of people who break the speed limit, I have to admit that the placing of some speed cameras is slightly OTT, for example, speed cameras placed immediately after the start of a section of road with a lower speed limit.

To finish, I did once see a TV program with a chap who believed that he was a safer driver when driving at higher speeds, as it caused him to pay more attention as he felt there was a greater risk of an accident and so payed more attention to the road in order to avoid accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.