• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Request for information on trains worked by 86501

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am a pretty die hard fan of AC electrics and there is one that consistently manages to avoid me, that is 86501. I don't know what it is with it but every-time it seems to come through I'll be in the wrong place or get bowled by a pendo.

So I'm going to try and hunt it down in the next few weeks and I hope that I've seen her by next half term!

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look? Are there any particular diagrams that it seems to regularly turn up on? Is there any way of me checking if FL have decided to run 86501 vice 90 or 86/6s?

Thanks in advance, hope you can help.
Joseph

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

It was parked on the LNWR depot at Crewe last monday. Though its probably moved since then.

having a dumb moment, is this the colas rail one?

86501 is the sole remaining 86/5 so unlike the 86/6s it can pull a freight train on its own, it is a Freightliner example :D The colas one is 86701 and I've seen that, I think it looks smart :)

barrykas

Established Member
TOPS is showing 86501 as out of traffic for maintenance/repair since 5th February. Expected back in traffic on 20th March.

Status
Not open for further replies.