• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

request: Garforth to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.

34D

Established Member
Hello,

Can anyone suggest a better ticket(s) than the point to point? £18.20 (route direct) for 1 adult, £16ish for 1a 1c with F&F.

Travelling tomorrow, day return, off-peak (however defined), 1 adult one under 5, F&F held if this helps, don't mind going on the purple choo choo selby-hull if there is a good split.

If you can think of something please do post here or if preferred PM me in confidence.

If I do use the point-to-point ticket, are we all happy that I can double back within the Leeds routeing group for interchange purposes?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
If I do use the point-to-point ticket, are we all happy that I can double back within the Leeds routeing group for interchange purposes?
No. The Group Station Rule states:
"Some stations are grouped together to improve interchange between trains
by offering customers access to a wider choice of train services and station
facilities. A customer may travel via any station in such a group, including
doubling back, provided that the group is on one of the permitted routes
between their origin and destination stations. This extended availability is for
interchange purposes only and does not apply where the origin or destination
stations are part of a group."
http://www.atoc.org/clientfiles/File/RSPDocuments/instructions.pdf page 6
In this case, the origin station (Garforth) is a member of the Leeds Group, so unless there is an easement which I have missed doubling back between Garforth and Leeds is not permitted on a Garforth-Hull ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.