• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Request: Special Workings London 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
I am going to London on the 25th July (this Tuesday), and would be very grateful if you could list any special workings/tours in the London area after 11.30am.
I hope there are some 47 workings, or a DRS flask train, or a 185 drag...

Cheers, :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
The 185 only operates when required (and that is on a Monday anyway). I believe there is a down Dungeness flask but I think that too only runs when required. I'm sure others can help.

trains2

Joe H said:
A Desiro went down south last night DIT 18:42 7X28 Wembley - Eastleigh.. 450102?

Did it? I didn't think so, it arrived but never went from Dollands Moor, I think it will be coming down on Monday night, I saw now reported gen on it running.

Coxster

Established Member
What time does 7X28 get to Farnborough? Might photograph it on my way home from Monday's meet.

trains2

Gotta beat the light, by the time it gets down here there may not be much left, depends how the sunset is going.

What do we think for 47811 on 5X42 tomorrow as it failed on 5X43, fixed? Or will it be a fred.

The Snap

Established Member
Joe H said:
185 drag was on Monday and Tuesday this week :)

Great, any ideas what time/place/consist, and it's headcode?

A Desiro went down south last night DIT 18:42 7X28 Wembley - Eastleigh.. 450102?

Same again, time/place/consist...? :)

Any other workings??

Cheers,

The Snap

Established Member
Joe H said:
No use them publishing a timetable - they can't even get the route right. Since when did 6M95 go through Grove Park or Lewisham.....

I thought that.
Anyway, any ideas on timings for that 185 drag and the 450 drag on Tuesday Joe?

The Snap

Established Member
Joe H said:
Never said the 450 drag is on Tuesday

Ah, my mistake, must have misread the post earlier.

The 185 timings are on here somewhere, do a forum search for "6X16" :)

I'll do a search on 6X16 though! Any idea of the consist - I'd assume it would be a DRS 37?

Shame that there are no railtours or anything like what you have photted over the weekend. :( Are there any 47 workings anywhere that day (ie: 'ONE' services from Liverpool St or any at Paddington?) :?::)

devon_metro

Established Member
Rich said:
Ah, my mistake, must have misread the post earlier.

I'll do a search on 6X16 though! Any idea of the consist - I'd assume it would be a DRS 37?

Shame that there are no railtours or anything like what you have photted over the weekend. :( Are there any 47 workings anywhere that day (ie: 'ONE' services from Liverpool St or any at Paddington?) :?::)

Should be a 67 enterprise

jonb

Established Member
Joe H said:
The diagram for 47s on the GEML is

0800 Liverpool Street - Norwich
1300 Liverpool Street - Norwich
1750 Liverpool Street - Norwich

Be warned that this diagram with a 47 on is very sporadic and highly unlikely to run with a 47

There will deffo be a 47 working out of London Paddington on Tuesday.

There is NO diagram for a 47 between Liv St - Norwich only between Norwich and Yarmouth on Saturdays or if there is a loco failure.

The Snap

Established Member
jonb said:
There is NO diagram for a 47 between Liv St - Norwich only between Norwich and Yarmouth on Saturdays or if there is a loco failure.

Cheers Joe and Jon. Any idea on the times for the 47 out of Paddington? :)

devon_metro

Established Member
I presume it will be the ECS for the Cornish Riviera to OOC. I'm guessing the headcode would be 5A40. Correct me if i'm wrong.

O L Leigh

Established Member
Hi Chap,

There was a Skip on the VSOE rake in the loop at Harlow Town today. I presume it was going to Newmarket (assuming it was in service), but I don't know where it started from or what route it took.

one TN

The Snap

Established Member
Back from my very successful trip. I was pleasantly surprised when two DRS 37s with a yellow Network Rail rake were sitting in Euston platform 7 at 8pm. I got a few pics of it! I asked the driver when he was due out, and said he was an hour late - I had to go at 8 though to catch my train, and just as I was about to board it, the 37s left on full throttle - HELLFIRE! (We passed it though just north of Watford Jcn! :razz:)

Status
Not open for further replies.