• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Request] Virgin HSTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I know TM posted a list up the other week, but this list of services that supposedly start tomorrow and his list from the other week's services don't match up, so a full list of passing/stopping would be appreciated!

XC91
5V49 0729 Neville Hill-Newcastle
1V49 0941 Newcastle-Newquay
2C75 1915 Newquay-Plymouth
5C75 2130 Plymouth-Laira

XC92
5V29 0454 Neville Hill-Manchester Pic
1V29 0724 Manchester Pic-Newquay
1M28 1522 Newquay-Manchester Pic
5E28 2306 Manchester Pic-Neville Hill

XC93
5C34 0505 Laira-Plymouth
2C34 0651 Plymouth-Newquay
1E47 0940 Newquay-Newcastle
5E47 1842 Newcastle-Neville Hill

XC94
5V99 0234 Neville Hill-Bristol Temple Meads
1C02 0735 Bristol Temple Meads-Paignton
1E46 1032 Paignton-Newcastle

(from VT Yahoo group - o/s TM & GM)

TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The top 3 are the MML sets, the bottom the GNER one.

The Snap

Established Member
How can it be Virgin if the sets are MML and GNER? I wondered that when I was at Manchester Piccadilly a few weeks ago and saw 1V29 0724 Manchester Pic-Newquay.

Dennis

Established Member
Going on the GNER set tommorrow, BTM - Paignton.

HO along the Avon Valley and Dawlish seafront :-P

Coxster

Established Member
Rich said:
How can it be Virgin if the sets are MML and GNER? I wondered that when I was at Manchester Piccadilly a few weeks ago and saw 1V29 0724 Manchester Pic-Newquay.
On loan/contract like EWS 67s/90s on the First Scotrail 'Caledonian Sleeper' services.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Ooh, I think I might have to do the GNER one ASAP via Westbury! I REALLY want to do the early set off Plymouth to Newquay, H-O naturally then doss back for a couple of hours continuing with some hellfire north up to Leeds.

Then of course it's back to normality back to Hereford. Boo!

devon_metro

Established Member
Code:
 43096 Leading gner with a rio set with 43113 trailing

Jim
[URL="http://jimsphotoallery.fotopic.net/"]http://jimsphotoallery.fotopic.net[/URL]

Ta Jim

Jim

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
Code:
 43096 Leading gner with a rio set with 43113 trailing

Jim
[URL="http://jimsphotoallery.fotopic.net/"]http://jimsphotoallery.fotopic.net[/URL]

Ta Jim
No probs

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'm doing the Newcastle to Newquay one from York (wanted from Newcastle but no cheap accommodation!) and then the 1915 off Newquay to Plymouth on Saturday 12th August. I am personally expecting some serious hellfire! If you're linesiding on that day, let me know, I'll give a bellow and a wave! Expect to hear "MY LORDZ!" and "HELLFIRE!" along the route several times!

Oh, and a TON of video footage!

Jim

Established Member
WSXFan said:
I'm doing the Newcastle to Newquay one from York (wanted from Newcastle but no cheap accommodation!) and then the 1915 off Newquay to Plymouth on Saturday 12th August. I am personally expecting some serious hellfire! If you're linesiding on that day, let me know, I'll give a bellow and a wave! Expect to hear "MY LORDZ!" and "HELLFIRE!" along the route several times!

Oh, and a TON of video footage!
You are going the wrong way for the 1 of the steepest climbs in the UK on a standard gauge mainline :P

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I did want to do it the other way, but cheap fares back home couldn't be found whatsoever from York. I've already done the Lickey Incline downhill last year, I'll have to put up with it. But I will be passing Cheltenham Spa, Bristol Parkway, Taunton, Exeter St. Davids and other main stations including Par to Newquay, so I cannot complain whatsoever, that'll be HELLFIRE! If you're at Exeter St. Davids when I pass through, expect shouts of MY LORDZ and HELLFIRE!

All the H-O I'll be getting done (Wakefield to Sheffield, Derby to Birmingham New Street and Par to Newquay), not to mention the coverage of loads more of the network on a HST makes it worth missing H-O northbound up the Lickey Incline.

Here's hoping 43064 makes an appearance on my set! Also, the ECS movement off Neville Hill to Newcastle, which way does that go? If it goes through York's platforms in the morning, I'll try to get there for filming of it!

Guinness

Established Member
Midland Mainline HST from Macclesfield - Stoke was HELLFIRE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.