• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Requirement to find the guard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

najaB

Veteran Member
Correct but what should I have done instead, pulled the passcom?
If you couldn't find the guard then I'd say that would have been justified.

I'm more concerned that the guard wasn't making him/herself available for a request stop. If nothing else they should be looking out of the window until the train clears the platform.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
We're starting to get a bit off-topic here a feel. Let's focus on the topic itself rather than a very specific incident.

TurbostarFan

On Moderation
A thought I had: IF there is a requirement to find the the guard, then the guard should be findable - and if they can't be found, that's because they are missing - and I would say that justifies using the emergency alarm...

Just saying...
I would disagree, what if the guard is just hidden in a cab (or even in another unit) and is therefore not findable as a result? Then pulling the passcom would be incredibly silly, not to mention potentially dangerous as it will distract the driver from doing his/her job, especially if pulled between stations!

Status
Not open for further replies.