• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reservation Query?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Hi,

A work colleague has been experiencing a few problems in trying to book 6x seats on the TPE service from Edinburgh Waverley [EDB] to Manchester Airport [MIA].

Date of travel: 01:JLY:12 @ 10:10. (It's a Sunday)

Are reservations open for this service or is it fully booked already?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
OK. Will pass on the news.

As an aside do TPE's class 185s have an unreserved coach or do they reserve until the train is full?

sonic2009

Established Member
I can still get advance tickets for this train so it cannot be fully booked, as advance tickets need a reservation.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Fastis is showing one Airport Advance (AG2) and more than six 'booked place' reservations for the service.

Some seats are normally left unreservable.

dave87016

Established Member
I checked on East Coast website and entered 6 adults in for the said date and service wouldnt show any advance ticket availability nor would it show reservations for the non advance fare

John @ home

Established Member
TPE currently will offer 6 First Class Advance singles at £57.50 each for the 1010 Edinburgh - Manchester Airport on Sunday 1 July 2012. This saves a little compared with the Standard Anytime single fare of £59.90 each, and saves rather a lot compared with the First Class Anytime single fare of £133 each.

They currently will not offer any Standard Advance singles at all for the whole 1010 Edinburgh - Manchester Airport journey.

If there is to be a return leg, then the £67.40 Standard Off-Peak Return route Carlisle is valid by any train, and the £134 First Class Off-Peak Return route Carlisle is valid by any train except those before 0930 Mon-Fri.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Thanks for replys chaps. Colleague has already got tickets - just needs seats together as travelling with children. He has been to two booking offices at Edinburgh - the main EC one & the smaller SR one on plat. 14 to book seats but to no avail.

I might suggest he routes via GLQ:GLC & CAR if he has no luck in the future.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.