• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reservations dropped on VTWC coach E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffing Devil

Established Member
Very busy to London today from the North West due to the League Cup final. A 9 coach Pendolino arrives at Crewe instead of what I presume should be an 11 car service. No reservations loaded in E and many conversations about seats as pax board a full and standing train.

Why drop the reservations?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Very busy to London today from the North West due to the League Cup final. A 9 coach Pendolino arrives at Crewe instead of what I presume should be an 11 car service. No reservations loaded in E and many conversations about seats as pax board a full and standing train.

Why drop the reservations?
I doubt it was deliberate if it's only the one coach...

Puffing Devil

Established Member
E is normally unreserved in 9 coach trains, not so in 11 car trains. Hence, I think, the problem.

Signal Head

E is normally unreserved in 9 coach trains, not so in 11 car trains. Hence, I think, the problem.
Used to be E, when that was the 'highest' Standard coach. When coach F was converted to Standard in the 9s, that became the unreserved coach, but I notice that recently it's often C instead.

Elecman

Established Member
On 11 car Pendos it’s U and C that are unreserved vice F and U. In 9 cars I think it’s just C now unreserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.