• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reservations on Heart of Wales line

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandsofEss

I'm hoping to travel on the Heart of Wales line over the half term week, using Anytime single tickets.

I don't appear to be able to make a reservation on this service. Is anybody a regular user, and able to advise on the likelihood of me being turned away at the station as it's too busy? I'd be boarding the 14:35 at Swansea on a weekday.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TXMISTA

On a similar note, how busy are HoW services these days? I’ve planned a mid-week, 2 day trip along the line in 2 weeks time

1955LR

I travelled on it down to Llanelli & return from Craven Arms a couple of weeks ago and it was not at all busy . Less than normal at this time in past years. Used the ticket machine at Craven Arms on the day. Returned on the 14.35 from Swansea.
Just looking at TFW booking site it does show bookings available , probably counted places

SandsofEss

Thank you. So as long as I book an Anytime ticket on the TfW website with the notional train times I want, I should get a 'space'?

craigybagel

Established Member
In Pre Covid days reservations were indeed available for HOWL services, but very few avail of it. That said, with the exception of the Saturday afternoon train in December and the odd sporting occasion there is rarely a shortage of space on that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.