• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Resignalling of Sheffield area, 1st/2nd May 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinson102

On the National Rail website, I have noticed it says there will be no trains into or out of Sheffield on the 1st May, and a reduced service on 2nd May, due to 'resignalling'.

I am wondering if anyone knows what exactly is going to be changed - I believe the PSBs area will be transferred to York - but I am wondering if this will involve any of the remaining other signal boxes in the 'Sheffield Area' closing; any signals being replaced; or any engineering trains etc?

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, but I couldn't see a topic covering this.

Thanks.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Specifically, I am wondering if boxes such as Woodhouse Junction, Kiverton Park, Beighton Station crossing, Totley Tunnel East, Barnsley, etc will go as part of the resignalling at the beginning of May - if anyone happens to know this information.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1D53

Established Member
Sheffield PSB closes and is moved to York ROC. No other boxes are affected.

louis97

Established Member
This isn't a re-signalling, just a re-control of existing infrastructure to York.

Status
Not open for further replies.