• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Restriction Code 2V

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntoniC

I have an open return Birningham New Street to Hinckley.
Outward Leg is this Friday (28th September)
Return Leg this Saturday (29th September).
Am I correct in thinking that on the outward leg I can get any train after 9.30 am (I was thinking about 4Pm to 5pm) and on the return leg I can get any train after 9.30 (There is one at 9.37).

Thanks in advance for your help !.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes any train after 0930 weekdays and ant time weekends.

You have an off peak return (SVR).

Under current fares regulation the train companies aren't allowed to restrict such a fare in the evening*, but of course the train companies want to change that.

(* The former savers are protected and can't have evening restrictions except for journeys in the London area)

AntoniC

Quick question,
I have a seat reservation on the 17.22 bham new street to hinckley cross country train.
Am I right in thinking its been issued as part of my booking but I can ignore it and get the 15.52 instead without a seat reservation ?
TIA

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Quick question,
I have a seat reservation on the 17.22 bham new street to hinckley cross country train.
Am I right in thinking its been issued as part of my booking but I can ignore it and get the 15.52 instead without a seat reservation ?
TIA
If you are using a flexible ticket (SVR) as posted above, yes you can take any train within the timewise and date-wise validity of your ticket (2 days for the outward portion, 1 calendar month for the return, not departing between 04:30-09:29). In terms of mainstream tickets, it's only Advances where you need to be on the booked train.

Status
Not open for further replies.