Restriction codes on tickets

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by OwlMan, 24 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OwlMan

OwlMan Established Member

Attached are the current ticket restriction codes for off-peak (including super off peak) & advance tickets

Attached Files:

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Veteran Member

Can I suggest this be stickied? This is very helpful to people seeking advice.

4. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Suggestions are always welcome (Contact Us link at the bottom right of each post, or via PM) however we can't sticky all these topics. We could perhaps add the attachments to the existing sticky topic (which unfortunately is not always read anyway!).

5. wintonian

wintonian Established Member

This is why I have put them in my Sig.

Sent from my HTC Desire S

6. snail

snail Established Member

The links on the NR site would be better than a series of undated PDFs or else someone would have to replace them every time there is a change!

Also, not everyone has browsers that are ok with PDFs - I can't open them at work, for instance, because of our network settings that restrict any kind of download.

7. SS4

SS4 Established Member

I think aren't terribly difficult to find. A more valuable topic to have stickied would be how to find out what the restriction is from NRE/*insert site here*

8. Bedpan

Bedpan Member

I can't for the life of me find them on the NR site. It says (as far as I can see) choose your journey, then go to T&C's , and there sahould be a link from there, but I can't find one.

9. aleph_0

aleph_0 Member

You have to search for the journey, then click on the hyperlink for the ticket type selected just above 'buy now' to get the T&Cs, and then the last section should be 'Restrictions', in which there is a link " view the specific 'Validity Code' " and "view the complete list of 'Validity Codes' applicable" (although this section should only exist if there exist restrictions, but maybe it doesn't always work?). Example URLs are:

http://nationalrail.co.uk/pdfs/CDR_Y4.pdf
    http://nationalrail.co.uk/pdfs/OffPeak.pdf

(the latter document is what wintonian has uploaded to his website and linked to).

10. wintonian

wintonian Established Member

They are a pain to find on NR but they are now reasonably easy to find by Goggling them which in my experience didn't used to be the case.

11. jkdd77

jkdd77 Member

Interesting, the "official" NRE conditions for Off Peak and Super Off Peak Return tickets suggest break of journey is *always* permitted on the return leg, which I suspect London Midland and East Coast may dispute in relation to certain tickets.

I do question whether the restriction can be enforced in these circumstances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.