• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Restriction codes on tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwlMan

Established Member
Attached are the current ticket restriction codes for off-peak (including super off peak) & advance tickets

Attachments

• OffPeak restrictions.pdf
    533.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Advance restrictions.pdf
    163.8 KB · Views: 40
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Can I suggest this be stickied? This is very helpful to people seeking advice.
Suggestions are always welcome (Contact Us link at the bottom right of each post, or via PM) however we can't sticky all these topics. We could perhaps add the attachments to the existing sticky topic (which unfortunately is not always read anyway!).

snail

Established Member
Can I suggest this be stickied? This is very helpful to people seeking advice.
The links on the NR site would be better than a series of undated PDFs or else someone would have to replace them every time there is a change!

Also, not everyone has browsers that are ok with PDFs - I can't open them at work, for instance, because of our network settings that restrict any kind of download.

SS4

Established Member
I think aren't terribly difficult to find. A more valuable topic to have stickied would be how to find out what the restriction is from NRE/*insert site here*

Bedpan

Established Member
I can't for the life of me find them on the NR site. It says (as far as I can see) choose your journey, then go to T&C's , and there sahould be a link from there, but I can't find one.

aleph_0

I can't for the life of me find them on the NR site. It says (as far as I can see) choose your journey, then go to T&C's , and there sahould be a link from there, but I can't find one.

You have to search for the journey, then click on the hyperlink for the ticket type selected just above 'buy now' to get the T&Cs, and then the last section should be 'Restrictions', in which there is a link " view the specific 'Validity Code' " and "view the complete list of 'Validity Codes' applicable" (although this section should only exist if there exist restrictions, but maybe it doesn't always work?). Example URLs are:

http://nationalrail.co.uk/pdfs/CDR_Y4.pdf
http://nationalrail.co.uk/pdfs/OffPeak.pdf

(the latter document is what wintonian has uploaded to his website and linked to).

wintonian

Established Member
They are a pain to find on NR but they are now reasonably easy to find by Goggling them which in my experience didn't used to be the case.

jkdd77

Interesting, the "official" NRE conditions for Off Peak and Super Off Peak Return tickets suggest break of journey is *always* permitted on the return leg, which I suspect London Midland and East Coast may dispute in relation to certain tickets.

I do question whether the restriction can be enforced in these circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.