• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Restriction on Shipley-Hinckley via Sheffield off peak return

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm333

I'm trying to work out what the restrictions are on a Shipley-Hinckley off peak return via Sheffield:

BRFares says the restriction code is BT http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=SHY&dest=HNK&rte=79&tkt=SVR which is Monday-Friday "Not valid by any train timed to depart before 04:30."

NRES and LNER say that if I leave at 0745 and change at Leeds, Chesterfield and Leicester (arr 1037), the off peak return isn't valid. But if I leave at 0745 and change at Birmingham and Leicester (arr 1130), the off peak return IS valid.

If I select the off-peak return on NRES, it takes me through http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/servi...fares/SHY/HNK/230819/0430/dep/280819/1830/dep to the BT restriction page which also says that it's only not valid before 0430.

So it looks like the booking engines are implementing the restriction wrongly.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mikeg

Established Member
Yes, the booking engines routinely implement this restriction wrongly.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The booking engines are acting correctly in accordance with the data they have been given.

EMT have set the electronic data incorrectly; they have added some hidden electronic restrictions as follows:
Not valid to arrive LUTON 0230–1103 on any TOC
Not valid to arrive LONDON ST PANCRAS 0230–1125 on any TOC
Not valid to arrive LUTON AIRPORT PARKWAY 0230–1115 on any TOC
Not valid to arrive LONDON KINGS CROSS 0430–1116 on any TOC
Note that these restrictions are invoked if your itinerary includes any train that arrives at any of these locations at the electronically barred times.

This restriction has no contractual force whatsoever.

It's a data error. Not a booking site error.

mm333

Thank you for that explanation Yorkie. The first three intineraries of the day all use London-bound LNERs either from Shipley-Leeds or Leeds-Doncaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.