• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Restrictions on the rtn portion of a Oxford - Scunthorpe Route: +Any Permitted ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

iron oxide

Hello, quick question

I hold the return portion of an Oxford-Scunthorpe off peak return, route Not Via London, with a Y-P, price £50.30. I excessed this ticket to allow travel via London, at a cost of £9.30. I have travelled from Scunthorpe to London today on this ticket, and intend to travel to Oxford tomorrow morning during the London-Oxford peak. Will my ticket be valid?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Based on the prices you have given, I think the restriction is on arrival into London rather than departure from London on the return leg, so you should be okay.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hello, quick question

I hold the return portion of an Oxford-Scunthorpe off peak return, route Not Via London, with a Y-P, price £50.30. I excessed this ticket to allow travel via London, at a cost of £9.30. I have travelled from Scunthorpe to London today on this ticket, and intend to travel to Oxford tomorrow morning during the London-Oxford peak. Will my ticket be valid?

Thanks
I think there is some confusion here, there is no restriction on the leg of the journey you describe.

There is no "peak" for the London-Oxford portion of your journey!

HHF is quite right; the restriction applies to when you arrive in London (from Scunthorpe).

iron oxide

Thanks all. Caught the 0822 from Paddington without any problems. Your answers were what I thought was the case, but had some doubts, in part caused by the departure boards saying something like "Off-Peaks and Super Off-Peaks are not valid on this train, apart from for stations beyond [somewhere past Oxford]". Clearly that's not the full story.

IO

Status
Not open for further replies.