• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RETB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
RETB is Radio Electronic Token Block, a form of signalling that was "invented" at the RTC, Derby in the early '80s as a low-cost solution to signalling of some lightly used rural lines.

See: -
http://www.signalbox.org/branches/aj/index.htm
for more info.

Yummm at the Yoker picture. Looks a bit like the Simsig layout. Is this avaliable for download anywhere? I noticed the "Pause" Status?

bluecont

By the looks of it that's Tre-Sim, the version of SimSig made for Network Rail (or who ever it is now). As Geoff M has said (and has been repeated many times no doubt) he is under contractual agreement not to release any IECC he has produced for Network Rail, but he can upgrade the panels he has already released.

Basically Tre-Sim has produced all the IECCs I believe, which means at this time there will never be any new panels released for SimSig which are IECCs.

Ian

ikar

bluecont said:
By the looks of it that's Tre-Sim, the version of SimSig made for Network Rail (or who ever it is now). As Geoff M has said (and has been repeated many times no doubt) he is under contractual agreement not to release any IECC he has produced for Network Rail, but he can upgrade the panels he has already released.

Basically Tre-Sim has produced all the IECCs I believe, which means at this time there will never be any new panels released for SimSig which are IECCs.

Ian

Here are some words of the man himself from what has been spoken on the SimSig forum:

For the record, these are the computerised signalboxes I know of:

IECC:
Ashford
Upminster
Liverpool Street
Marylebone
Slough New
Swindon B
York (inc Leeds)
Yoker
Tyneside
Merseyrail/Sandhills

WestCAD:
Leamington Spa
Nairn
Temporary screen for St Pancras
Stratford ('C' I think it's called)

Siemens:
Bournemouth

GETR: (MCS)
Dartford / North Kent (at Ashford)
Horsham?
Parts of the WCML
Stoke

Alcatel/Ansaldo (can't remember which):
Manchester South

IECCs and GETR are definitely out. The WestCADs are pretty simple and boring. Bournemouth is pretty quiet as well (small area).

Geoff M.

Status
Not open for further replies.