• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Return of the snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's been snowing heavy here now for a few hours (I should know, they made us do PE in it :()

A nice white covering :D Has it snowed anywhere else?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
laverack222 said:
It's been snowing heavy here now for a few hours (I should know, they made us do PE in it :()

Tuesday afternoon - not much, but enough for a few REAL snowballs

IIRC, Feltham 2104 cycled home in a snow flurry on Wednesday evening:lol:

Coxster

Established Member
We keep having light snow but not really enough for it to settle.

devon_metro

Established Member
Lots of snow last saturday, blizzard for about 30 mins on Wednesday! Plenty of snowballs <D

TheSlash

Established Member
laverack222 said:

I changed a fishplate and packed a rough ride in the snow the other day. I've been changing rails in sub zero temperatures on nights this week aswell, do you see me moaning? :D ;)

Gareth Hale

Ive heard that Burnley has snow now. Wish it came here, we have Strong to Severe T-Storms in the forecast though :(

ChrisM

Blizzard in Bournemouth wednesday afternoon and a bit today at Fareham was about we have had.

nutter

IMO, a blizzard is when the smoww is so heavy you can't see 10meters in front of you. I got caught in a hail storm a few days ago but I'm O.K. I had a shirt, fleece and a BIG gortex coat on (should do, the coat cost me 210 quid :cry:). I've also been up the Wrekin in Telford (about 500 feet high), last year, in a Heavy snow storm, that was scary because I had dodgy trainers and the lane was going icy, great, down a 1 in 5 with no grip on ice..

Coxster

Established Member
nutter said:
IMO, a blizzard is when the smoww is so heavy you can't see 10meters in front of you.
Depends if you are on about England or not ;)

AlexS

Established Member
Oh aye, been a crappy week with this snow! Slipping and sliding everywhere, fell on my arse twice, and to cap it all off, fatality at Bilbrook last night to contend with!

jdjonnay

Hate snow, I've had to get 3 lifts into college this week because it's too slippy for the bike, and mum's using the car
icon8.gif

Did see an amusing car crash between 2 4x4's though, serves them right, too big for the roads. Should be banished to farms. Especially pointless mercedes ones - why would any normal person want a "posh" vehicle designed to round up sheep in the welsh hills?

Jon

AJP

Doncaster got snow. I went into Tesco it was sunny came out every was white and it was a blizzard(i could about 5 meters infront of me) I just had my carrier bag and I was like :shock: but It only lasted 30 mins but still gave a good covering, about 3/4 cm but all gone now :(

Gareth Hale

It has just snowed here......... It will be melted by noon though, got a high of 14C today.

Edit -- Gone out to measure it with my ruler, we have 6.5 inches.

metrocammel

All snowy in Ashton yesterday.... I had the snowplough out on my G-gauge railway in the back!!! The little shunter was suffering from severe wheelslip.. but it was fun... Now its all gone though... other than a couple of icy patches in the shaded bit of the garden... I was tres annoyed yesterday when 57301 was failed on the Holyhead service (well, actually it was CDL fault throughout the mk2's - the bolts kept rapidly moving up and down when the CDL was unlocked) , as I was looking forward to getting that "Christmas Card Shot" of the 57 with a backdrop of snow at Helsby... but oh well....

AJP

ikar said:
Now snowing down here, It should be (regulary) arround 12 degrees now.

It snows in 12 degrees :shock: I thought it had to be below 5 degrees! :shock: :shock:

Tom B

Established Member
He didn't mention whether it was in degrees celsius or farenheight.

Status
Not open for further replies.