• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

(Revealed) National Location Codes (NLC) Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprinter

Below are a list of stations, all you hyave to do is give me the station's NLC code. For example the NLC code for Chippenham Station is 3267.

1. Exeter St Davids
2. Kirby Cross
3. North Berwick
4. Skegness
5. Romsey
6. Stone Crossing
7. Bicester North
8. Littleborough
9. Stratford (London)
0. Acton Main Line

Hope this isn't too taxing.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprinter

NLC codes are used by travel agents in the issuing of rail tickets, these are not displayed on rail tickets themselves.

You can find out the necassary NLC codes for this quiz in the fares/tickets section of a rail guide book which I frequently use.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Are they in the National Fares Manual(s)?

Sprinter

NLCs may well be shown in National Fare Manuals, but since I don't have access to them I can't tell you for sure.

This quiz was formed of information in the excellent OAG Rail Guide, which I frequently use for fares and timetable information.

wumpty

Sprinter said:
Below are a list of stations, all you hyave to do is give me the station's NLC code for fares to/from London. For example the NLC code for a London-Chippenham ticket is 3267.

NLC codes refer to an individual station, not a route!

Eg. 3267 is the location code for Chippenham station and not for the route from London.

They are all listed in the NFM, and are recognised as inputs in the 'to' or 'from' fields when setting up tickets in Avantix, Sportis and Tribute, either that or you can input the three letter location code, such as CPM in the case of Chippenham.

HTH

Sprinter

After going back and reading my OAG Rail Guide more throughly, you are indeed correct.

The quiz questions have therefore been changed to reflect this, but since no-one has attempted any of them it doesn't really matter! If I did a quiz on the 3 letter station codes this quiz would be done and dusted by now!

Need some swotting up on NLC codes don't you!

Sprinter

Since i have recieved no answers in the long time, better put you out of your misery!

1. Exeter St D= 3410
2. Kirby Cross= 6862
3. North Berwick= 9358
4. Skeggy= 6265
5. Romsey= 5943
6. Stone Crossing= 5248
7. Bicester N= 3048
8. Littleborough= 2661
9. Stratford (London)= 6969
0. Acton ML= 3000

So now you know!

Status