• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Revenue Attribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnellzug

Established Member
I'll put this here because it relates to charter Trains; What I was wondering was, if a Charter is terminated short & the passengers directed onto normal service trains, does the TOC get any revenue or compensation for the sudden influx? On another forum I was just browsing on, one train operator was getting some flak for not having a huge pool of spare stock to call on when 300 people are suddenly turned off a charter that had conked out. Leaving aside how realistic that would be, does the TOC get paid anything for doing so?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I wouldn't have thought than any TOC would honour a charter ticket, and so either the charter-provider or the passenger would have to pay.

philjo

Established Member
Not sure on costs, but I know on a couple of occasions when there have been OHLE problems at Welwyn if a tour is unable to pick up as booked at Potters Bar, those passengers were able to get the FCC service to Finsbury Park to join the tour there. (the tour was then diverted via the Hertford Loop) No cost to the passengers. Obviously only about a third of the train affected as it also picked up at Kings Cross & Stevenage. Preumably a bulk payment was made to FCC.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I have seen tour passengers transfered from a failed or cancelled service to a normal TOC service.

I had assumed the tour company would be billed and they would then claim against thier insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.