• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Revised fGW December Timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
I like the fact my local FGW line now has it's stoppers extended to Redhill rather than terminating half of them at Shalford and if you are on a stopper and need Gatwick then you only have to wait 10/15 minutes or so for the following FGW fast train if no Southern services are about. Not sure what residents of Gomshall and Chilworth will make of it though ;)

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
hmm now we get two trains calling at Melksham on Swindon/Westbury, oh well

what the hell is Mottisfont Dunbridge btw? since when was that changed?

Oracle

Established Member
"Mottisfont Dunbridge" I am sure was years ago Dunbridge for Mottisfont, and is still Dunbridge even though it is in fact right on the border between the two parishes. Have they proposed a renaming? Of course Mottisfont has the old Abbey that stages events from time to time. My wife used to walk with her late mother from Shootash to Dunnrdige to catch a train to London many years ago. The next station is Dean, which is in fact in West Dean, Wiltshire, and not East Dean, Hampshire...the boundary snakes through the village and bisects the old pub. There has been a vociferous local campaign against the cuts in services to Dean and Dunbridge because they are important links for people in the area..for commuters, the elderly and shoopers.

I wonder if the one each way Romsey-Southampton via Eastleigh trains are going to remain?

paul1609

Established Member
Quite often on trains that stop at Dean and Dunbridge. There is usually 1 or 2 passengers for Dunbridge. I dont think I've ever seen anyone get on or off at Dean. Its probably a case of people voiciferously supporting the station but failing to use it and driving instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.