• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Revolution Trains offer a Inspection Saloon Caroline FREE Railtour

Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw this on another forum, and I guess if I want a chance of winning a place...I shouldn't share :P

Revolution are offering anyone who purchases their new Inspection Saloon Caroline a chance to win a free place on a days rail tour around the Peaks.

Details: http://www.revolutiontrains.com/sweet-caroline-from-revolution/

The Revolution Trains Sweet Caroline railtour will travel from Derby on a circular route taking in the WCML via Crewe and Stockport before heading across to the Peak Peak District and reaching the Midland Mainline before returning. The exact route and date is yet to be finalised and will of course depend on the relaxing of social distancing rules. Those on board will be able to enjoy the saloon facilities and food will be provided. Traction is expected to be a DRS Class 37.*

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I don't think that I've ever seen it - does anyone know where it is kept, please?

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
For some reason I can not open the above link this morning or get into their website via google, but I was able to have a quick look last night, "Caroline" looks a bit like the vehicle that the Prince and late Princess of Wales traveled to Romsey from Waterloo to commence their honeymoon.

BigB

It was that exact vehicle.
Amazingly back in the day (i.e. The day before the Royal Wedding in 1981) I visited Stewart's Lane on spec from Liverpool and was allowed in apart from one shed where the wedding special was being stored under the watch of special branch. They did however tell me the consist which was kind of them. It was the southern region general managers saloon at the time - how times change!

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
It was that exact vehicle.
:D Thank you, that was a good guess. I was able to look again at their website, it worked again just now. It does look an interesting railtour. Hope it can go ahead and those lucky enough to travel on it have a good trip.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
It’s great on the inside, and rather strange to be sat in a movable chair at the front in what is effectively a mobile conservatory, chatting to a bloke who is actually driving the thing.

And the bacon sandwiches are awesome

Roast Veg

Established Member
Seen it a number of times out and about, the thing seems to follow me wherever I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.