• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RHTT paths being activated in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murray J

a few days ago I was looking at the Realtime Trains page of my local station East Grinstead, when I noticed that the RHTT that serves the station in the winter, 3W90, was cancelled, meaning for some reason an RHTT path was activated in May, also it was exactly 1 hour before the scheduled departure time. this has occurred for the last 3 days now (IE it started on Monday) so I took a look at the RTT page for tonbridge west yard (where 3W90 starts) and found the exact same thing was happening with 3W74.
has anyone got any ideas what could be happening?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
a few days ago I was looking at the Realtime Trains page of my local station East Grinstead, when I noticed that the RHTT that serves the station in the winter, 3W90, was cancelled, meaning for some reason an RHTT path was activated in May, also it was exactly 1 hour before the scheduled departure time. this has occurred for the last 3 days now (IE it started on Monday) so I took a look at the RTT page for tonbridge west yard (where 3W90 starts) and found the exact same thing was happening with 3W74.

Testing? Training? Seasonal treatment other than autumn? Error? Automated action? Could be any number of reasons. I suspect someone has made a little processing error somewhere

Last edited:

Testing? Training? Seasonal treatment other than autumn? Error? Automated action? Could be any number of reasons Ii suspect someone has made a little processing error somewhere
I believe, from looking closer at the schedule, it is a non-q path schedule.

Usually they are 'Q Paths' run as required, but I don't see it mentioned within the schedule header...
http://charlwoodhouse.co.uk/rail/liverail/train/18508551/20/05/20

So it's been auto-activating since the timetable change date at the weekend.

As for why... Whlell, ill leave that to someone else to have a guess at. My number 1 guess would be omittion of the 'Q' at NRs end (or operator not bidding the required characteristics effectively).

pdeaves

Established Member
It could even be as simple as a weed killer move (activated path) that ends up not having a driver (cancelled). All sorts of possible reasons as DarloRich says.

Murray J

I believe, from looking closer at the schedule, it is a non-q path schedule.

Usually they are 'Q Paths' run as required, but I don't see it mentioned within the schedule header...
http://charlwoodhouse.co.uk/rail/liverail/train/18508551/20/05/20

So it's been auto-activating since the timetable change date at the weekend.

As for why... Well, i'll leave that to someone else to have a guess at. My number 1 guess would be omittion of the 'Q' at NRs end (or operator not bidding the required characteristics effectively).
ah ok, that probably explains it thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.