• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Richwell Central to Aston Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
I know the page has been uip for about a week, but I haven't had chance yo announce it properly.

My new fictional route is Stage 1 of the Richwell Network. (The is a map on the page).
You will travel from Richwell Central to Aston Market via King Edwards using a selectio n of BVE2/4 trains; these include the cl158, 170, 323 and HST (when Tom releases it).
Please have a look at the page, and the screenshots, and let me know what you think! :D (www.bveroutes-trains.co.uk, click 'Routes', then 'Richwell Network')
Thanks to Chris Hynds for the bulk of the objects from the Ramsbury Route, without his work, the route wouldn't be possible. Also, any other author mentions on the page.

Cheers,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yes i heard you talking about this one on another fourm. Excellent News, Chris Hynds is a good friend of mine and indeed helped me a lot and indeed taught me how to code most parts in CSV.

Good luck with the route Richard, must say all is looking well for BVE in 2006

Guinness

Established Member
Excellent Work!

However...

8.jpg

Floating Overhead Line Poles? ;)

Coxster

Established Member
Not bad, although the below object looks a bit wrong in terms of the front.

2.jpg

The Snap

Established Member
Chaz said:
Excellent Work!

However...

8.jpg

Floating Overhead Line Poles? ;)

This has now beein fixed, there are ploes coming from the roof to hold them, which I decided to includeafter it seemed a bit daft having floating power cables! :D

Coxster

Established Member
There seems to be large gaps between the ends of each rail, where they should join on to each other. The railtops seem to continue over the gaps.

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
There seems to be large gaps between the ends of each rail, where they should join on to each other. The railtops seem to continue over the gaps.

Unfortunatly, that is how the track pack from www.railnetwork.chicsystems.com came. I think Zane is aware of the problem, as I read he was sorting it elsewhere about a month ago. I will have a look at the rail file, and see what I can do. :D

Nick

Cockfosters said:
Extend it slightly - 25.3m should do.

I presume when making track objects its best to make a small overlap (with straight objects) to avoid these problems? (and possible a small overlap on curves)

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Extend it slightly - 25.3m should do.

Thanks to a great object tutorial by Chris Hynds over MSN, I am now able to make simply objects. I found the problem in the file:

It siad the side length was 24.3m, when it should have been the same as the top rail length (25.3m) It was a case of a simply change, which has now been fixed! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.