• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Richwell Network v2.5 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
Yep, it's released, so if you fancy it, please visit
www.bveroutes-trains.co.uk, and navigate your way around the site. :D :p 8-)

Can I thank in particular Bill Reid (Bill EWS) for working out all the very accurate timings for the different diagrams and Shane Roberts (Bonnie Prince Charlie) for providing his awesome Class 170 object(s) and his excellent Level Crossing.

Enjoy!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
There isn't a new one ;) I suppose that will be in V3

Very nice Rich! Well done. Nice to see some classic traction on the 19:10 323 route...

HST Powercar+ MK3 Set+ Class 87 :lol:

The Snap

Established Member
dennis63uk said:
Where is version 2.5 as i cannot find it on the site.. Just showing version 2.2 here.

Version 2.2? If you got to the 'Routes' page, and click on 'Richwell Network' icon at the top, then press F5 once the page loads, you should find the newly updated page, with all the downloads. ;)

Nitro

Feedback Time!

Very good update Rich and only a couple of little moans. Firstly on the 158 fog run the train clock sais 11.XX while the timetable shows 9.XX but I noticed the run before this is also with a 158 so its just a question of editing the timetable to show 11.XX. The other moan is before Fairfield Road (I think) theres a 25 AWB but not a 25 PSR for the mainline, only for the crossover, in this situation approach control is used as Im sure Bill has told you ;). Apart from that brilliant update!

The Snap

Established Member
In regards to the fog route, I think yes, you just need to edit it.
I didn't understand what you meant on the other thing, and yes, Bill gave me all the pointers.

Thanks, and I'm glad you like it! :)

LondonBVE

Rich do you mention before that you can't afford to run a HST on the route to Naughton but why we met a HST on the way?

Tomnick

Established Member
Nitro said:
The other moan is before Fairfield Road (I think) theres a 25 AWB but not a 25 PSR for the mainline, only for the crossover, in this situation approach control is used as Im sure Bill has told you ;).
Nothing wrong with an advance warning board for a diverging route, even if the signal in rear of the junction is approach-controlled! The AWB should carry an arrow above though, indicating that it applies to the diverging route.

(I'll be having a drive when I get home on Friday - more signalling-related feedback to follow ;))

Nitro

Yep arrows fine I think, plus we (well atleast I) havent seen an AWB with an arrow in BVE yet.

The Snap

Established Member
LondonBVE said:
Rich do you mention before that you can't afford to run a HST on the route to Naughton but why we met a HST on the way?

The HSTs are running not necessarily from Naughton. The HSTs you pass between FR and NA is not in service, and will travel to Aston Market before starting service. Then, it will travel to Two Trees.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Nitro said:
Yep arrows fine I think, plus we (well atleast I) havent seen an AWB with an arrow in BVE yet.

St Pancras to Bedford is going to have at least 2, giving advance warning of the 50mph crossovers at Bedford South Junction. In real life, the junction is controled by flashing yellows (AFAIK avanced warning of diverging route's speed is only used in conjunction with flashing yellows), but sadly BVE can't replicate them at the moment (the x format does allow for animation, but BVE doesn't implement this part of it).

The arrowed AWBs are used for high speed junctions with flashing aspects. With approach control, you don't need the warning board as the speed of your train will be reduced for you slowing down for the signal. With flashing aspects you recieve a flashing double yellow which warns you that you are being routes off at a junction. The next signal will be flashing single yellow and this is treated as you would treat a double yellow (the signal 2 signals down is red). The next signal will have a feather and will be a steady aspect. It could be either single yellow, green, or double yellow but you treat it as the aspect shown. You will know where you are being routed off at and what the speed is as part of your route learning but warning boards are provided.

The Snap

Established Member
ChrisCooper said:
St Pancras to Bedford is going to have at least 2, giving advance warning of the 50mph crossovers at Bedford South Junction. In real life, the junction is controled by flashing yellows (AFAIK avanced warning of diverging route's speed is only used in conjunction with flashing yellows), but sadly BVE can't replicate them at the moment (the x format does allow for animation, but BVE doesn't implement this part of it).

Speeking of your route Chris, how are things progressing?

Tomnick

Established Member
James 66526 said:
The arrowed AWBs are used for high speed junctions with flashing aspects. With approach control, you don't need the warning board as the speed of your train will be reduced for you slowing down for the signal. With flashing aspects you recieve a flashing double yellow which warns you that you are being routes off at a junction. The next signal will be flashing single yellow and this is treated as you would treat a double yellow (the signal 2 signals down is red). The next signal will have a feather and will be a steady aspect. It could be either single yellow, green, or double yellow but you treat it as the aspect shown. You will know where you are being routed off at and what the speed is as part of your route learning but warning boards are provided.
Of course, you're right - but I'm pretty sure that AWBs are still provided at some locations where the junction signal is approach-controlled.

Warning boards are provided when the reduction in speed is around 1/3 reduction form the current speed, eg: 60mph - 35mph. 80mph - 50mph. 100mph - 65mph. 125mph - 85mph. 8)

Tomnick

Established Member
That's the general rule - I've definitely seen them at other locations though. At approach-controlled junctions though, you're right, they're pretty rare...the point I'm trying to make, is that I can't see anything wrong with putting one on approach (probably alongside the signal in rear, displaying a single yellow of course? That seems to be the usual arrangement where flashing yellows are used), even if it's not the most pointful thing ever!

Well with Hambleton Souh Jctn, virtually all of the trains that use it are class 6s so are limited to 60mph anyway. The speed for Hambleton South is 70mph, yet, they still have a wanring board! But, the linespeed for the ECML at that point is 125mph so they have to do it I suppose... :s

Tomnick

Established Member
Is that approach controlled from red, or provided with flashing yellows? It's certainly more than a 1/3 reduction in linespeed, so makes sense by the 'general' rule. (Don't forget that a few class 1s run that way too - and the signalling's not designed around the fact that 'most' trains are only allowed 60mph, but that 'some' are allowed up to 125mph ;))

It is done by flashing aspects. The jctn itself leads onto the Selby - Leess line, Gascoigne wood.

Tomnick

Established Member
Yeah, I know the location well...just not the signalling. Presumably the AWB is located alongside the second signal in rear of the junction signal (i.e. the one that'll display double flashing yellow) - that seems to be the general practice.

I think so. Same setup with Templehirst except with a righthand feather. Goes from 125 linespeed ECML to 70 crossover and then into a 75 I think.

Tomnick

Established Member
That sounds just about right to me. Just a pity BVE won't simulate junction signalling properly!

Harold

Just went for a quick spin on this route earlier today.

Nice work Rich! This is certainly the best version of Richwell yet!

The Snap

Established Member
Harold said:
Just went for a quick spin on this route earlier today.

Nice work Rich! This is certainly the best version of Richwell yet!

I am working on new track rail textures. If you noticed in the route, the straights have a texture applied to the rail bit (the top, shiny bit), whereas curves are just simply silver coloured from SWITCH. However, after fining a very interesting new Italian tram route this evening, I saw that the curves there had textures applied to the rails, so I have 'stolen' the texture coordinates from those curved objects, and put them in mine. There are now better looking curves with rail textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.